What have you done to your MSP today?

One of my local MSP buddy's threw a rod through his block. He has two MSPs and is pulling the drivetrain out of his other, then it's going to the scrap yard- no worries, there isn't much left of it that could be salvaged as a whole car- and I'm going to go strip things off of it before it goes. Does anyone need anything off of it?

Headlight switch, flasher unit, crank sensor...

One of my local MSP buddy's threw a rod through his block. He has two MSPs and is pulling the drivetrain out of his other, then it's going to the scrap yard- no worries, there isn't much left of it that could be salvaged as a whole car- and I'm going to go strip things off of it before it goes. Does anyone need anything off of it?
So he will basically have an extra transmission right?

Help! I'm in the middle of replacing the motor (I got a stock junkyard motor and was swapping parts over) and I pulled the exhaust manifold off and the block says FP on it! I'm in a bind though. This is our main car and I have a lift tied up at my father-in-laws shop. Can I put the FP in and be OK? We're borrowing my mother-in-laws car right now, but IDK if we can use it long enough to get another motor in. Any ideas?

doesn't the fp use the relocated coilpacks? i don't see why there would be a problem dropping in an fp. worse case you just run fs coilpacks on it i should think. everything ive read says they were directly intercompatible.

This FP has the coil packs in the same location as stock. Would it hold up to boost? Is the ECU going to run it OK?

Post a pic of it, I don't know if the ECU can run the FP block. The harness will almost certainly be different

Post a pic of it, I don't know if the ECU can run the FP block. The harness will almost certainly be different

$_57.JPG

LOL, it looks like and FS only w/o the swirl valves. It doesn't have an oil cooler, it has a 1 wire knock sensor instead of a two wire, and the trigger wheel on the crank is shaped differently.... I guess this is moot though. We were able to borrow my mother-in-laws car for as long as we need (it's a civic and we traded her my wife's Miata). I already emailed the company, but it was Sunday, so I don't expect to hear back from them until at least Monday. What sucks is that the whole reason I got another motor instead of rebuilding the one in the car was because I didn't want the car to be down for weeks. Now it's not going to matter and I might as well rebuild the motor. I'm hoping the company will just give my my money back and I'll rebuild the current motor since it's out of the car now. If they won't just take it back and want to send me the correct motor, then I'll probably just swap it in.

AutoX'd #2 and did pretty good for almost being stock in a SMF class.

Has anyone swapped the front light harness without removing the front fender? I took the fender off on the car I pulled the harness from at the JY and I never checked to see if I could install it in my car without removing the fender.

well if they labeled it as an fsde and you buaght it thinking it was, they kinda have to take it back.. good luck with your rebuild though. im sure you could just transfer the parts over from your fs that in question and it could work though.

LOL, it looks like and FS only w/o the swirl valves. It doesn't have an oil cooler, it has a 1 wire knock sensor instead of a two wire, and the trigger wheel on the crank is shaped differently.... I guess this is moot though. We were able to borrow my mother-in-laws car for as long as we need (it's a civic and we traded her my wife's Miata). I already emailed the company, but it was Sunday, so I don't expect to hear back from them until at least Monday. What sucks is that the whole reason I got another motor instead of rebuilding the one in the car was because I didn't want the car to be down for weeks. Now it's not going to matter and I might as well rebuild the motor. I'm hoping the company will just give my my money back and I'll rebuild the current motor since it's out of the car now. If they won't just take it back and want to send me the correct motor, then I'll probably just swap it in.

Even though the connector is a 2-pin connector, it's only a single wire knock sensor, not a two wire I'm 99.9% certain.

That looks just like an FS except for the intake.....

Even though the connector is a 2-pin connector, it's only a single wire knock sensor, not a two wire I'm 99.9% certain.

That looks just like an FS except for the intake.....

But 100% wrong. I just looked at a wiring diagram. Definitely a 2-wire.

They took it back. I wanted a replacement, but they didn't have one. Now I have to get the motor apart and fuel to the machine shop and see what all needs replaced.... And decide if I'm going to forge it or not, LOL

Back