What have you done to your MSP today?

Anyone know where I can get a good set of headlanmps. My tabs on mine ae broke off and didn't want know if the headlamps on ebay were cheaply made or if I should get the set somewhere else. I need these before I can start my fenders.

ebay lights are great. esp the blacked out ones!!! cheap & great quality. i've owned ebay lights for 4 years (back to the yellow mp3 days)... (mind you i've had two sets retrofit) but they never got foggy.

So I was driving around with my 4 yr old son in my beater protege and he told me that I need to get my car fixed. He said "Your car is super fast, its a mazdaspeed. I want to rid in it, this car is slow." he likes going fast in cars, I wonder where he got that from...

Dale, what happened to the xrunner?

The wife and I are expecting. Originally we were going to adopt and we're looking for a sibling group of 2 or 3. the agency we went through were dragging their feet and showing us kids who didn't meet ANY criteria (which we didn't have many) that were looking for. We believe they weren't taking us seriously but what more could you ask for when you have a married couple, both gainfully employed, a more than big enough house on plenty of land with two new cars that haven't missed a payment on anything. Long story short, my companies insurance policy covers IVF. So, we went that route. However, in the beginning when we still thought we were going adoption, we traded the XR for the MZ5 since the XR could DEFINITELY not fit the fam comfortably, and she has the Cruze Eco which WOULD work but since my truck was the less efficient, we decided it had to go. Besides, once the IRS get's it's head out of it's ass and gets my tax return from 2010 back, that 5k goes straight into the Colt.

A round about way of saying... it wasn't conducive to driving a family around.

hey now i fit in the back of my dad's extended cab 97 tacoma until i was about 14-15...though the squares of padding that were considered seats did make my legs go numb a couple times lol

While the XR has "actual" seats, car seats don't quite fit the bill.

I miss the XR dearly but truthfully, I'm just ready for the Colt to get rockin' and rollin'.

could always buy scott's MSP i am pretty sure he has it for sale currently since i think he is very much enjoying his new ride

Yeah... not sure the wife would approve of me going right back into another barely reliable car. Though truthfully, I wouldn't mind having it.

So had to work 14 hours yesterday, but we still got the turbo, mani, DP off, and one of the axles. The driver side CV is being a PITA though. Gonna have to bring over a compressor and impact to get it off, my huge man-muscles couldn't get it to budge.

Anyone know or have any leads to where I can find the flow volume of a MSP or Protege oil pump? I've been looking and searching all morning and can't find anything.

waiting on everything being finalized, but most likely sold 3/4 of my build parts.

will still have the wiseco pistons & K1 rods (both brand new, in box)

also still have yellowspeed coilovers, mishimoto rad w/ slim fans & shroud & reverse cowl CF gemini hood

can go two routes from there -

A - install coilovers, CF hood, & mishimoto parts... have sexy, stanced MSP for spring time... OR

B - trade MSP + cash for 07 WRX, sell all remaining parts.

waiting on everything being finalized, but most likely sold 3/4 of my build parts.

also still have yellowspeed coilovers, mishimoto rad w/ slim fans & shroud & reverse cowl CF gemini hood

A - install coilovers, CF hood, & mishimoto parts... have sexy, stanced MSP for spring time... OR

do A, then middle of summer do B so you have plenty of pictures of the MSP to look back on lol

Oh yeah, two holes in the block, lol. Out both sides.

epic!

B, as long as the wrx is not the TR model...and the cash on top is not extreme.

Here's what I sold my MSP to get into... no regrets whatsoever.
RSTInew3-1_zpsfc8a8138.jpg

Last edited:
Back