What have you done to your MSP today?

Any video of any of your runs? I like to hear about these cars when they are tracked. Gives me hope because my track is ran by Hondas and nissans.

Anyone run oil coolers? Is it necessary or pointless on our msp's?
I have yet to record a run even though I own a go pro. My car vibrates to much, but next year I'll have a better setup for video. Oil coolers are never bad, but aren't really needed for autoX because they are just short runs/burst. They are more of a track setup.

Well that's good to know then.. No need for an oil cooler

You do have the stock oil cooler in place I would assume since you have an MSP. That should work well enough for Auto-X but like Rally said if you plan on doing extended track time in your car you'll definitely want something bigger to provide better cooling. Also you'll be able to get more oil which is a good thing but I would highly suggest getting an oil pressure regulator (DocB) if you do extended tracking.

installed new coil packs, NGK wires, and rerouted/replaced some old vac lines with new silicone ones. cleared my CEL. MSP seems to be riding a lot better now, hopefully itll stay off now. felt nice hitting boost in 1st-2nd gear and spinning some tires haha.

still to do list:
new couplers and clamps
505IM and perrin fuel rail install
solder my ssafc into my extension harness and get this b*tch tuned for 12-14psi haha

Does anyone run an AWR pan with a Pope downpipe???

Went to the junkyard to find a rear bumper and came home with a radio bezel and the plastic piece w/ covered cup holder for $11. Now I can redo my gauge locations in the radio bezel. Hopefully I'll most of the other vinyl done this weekend.

Turned some bushings for my rear link kit.
1378309_10202083950644153_1697436481_n_zps4b05726f.jpg

i need to tune my msp. all this bucking is making me upset when i try to go WOT. i think thats the only thing i like about my boy's ms3 . slam on that throttle and spool up to full boost without a brick wall.

i need to tune my msp. all this bucking is making me upset when i try to go WOT. i think thats the only thing i like about my boy's ms3 . slam on that throttle and spool up to full boost without a brick wall.

Yeah those cars were actually designed to be boosted and it shows. I could never buy an MS3 though, too many faster rwd cars available for the money and they don't handle or feel like the MSP. An MSP with bolt-ons and about 11-12psi will outrun a stock MS3 until about 100-110mph when the Protege runs out of steam. The speed3 just keeps pulling all the way to 130-140.

Last edited:
Yeah those cars were actually designed to be boosted and it shows. I could never buy an MS3 though, too many faster rwd cars available for the money and they don't handle or feel like the MSP. An MSP with bolt-ons and about 11-12psi will outrun a stock MS3 until about 100-110mph when the Protege runs out of steam. The speed3 just keeps pulling all the way to 130-140.

this is true. but then again my boys ms3 is far from stock lol. 380whp. 360ishwtq . so its a fast little devil haha. i need at least 300ishwhp to beat him in a race due to weight factors. but i def always beat him around the corners even now.

^^ my protege pulls like a bat out of hell all the way to 130mph ish. pulls hard till tops out. like i can punch it at 100, and it jumps fast to 130.

^^ my protege pulls like a bat out of hell all the way to 130mph ish. pulls hard till tops out. like i can punch it at 100, and it jumps fast to 130.

so does mine until i hit open loop ad i hit a brick wall or fuel cut. bad stock tune still. still so much left to do to this damn thing. haha

yeah im a bit rich most of the time, for example i made a pull and the guy at the next stop light i thought he was gonna tell me to slow down.. no he just wantedto tell me how good my car smelled. lol said he could smell it with the windows up when i pulled passed him lol

yeah im a bit rich most of the time, for example i made a pull and the guy at the next stop light i thought he was gonna tell me to slow down.. no he just wantedto tell me how good my car smelled. lol said he could smell it with the windows up when i pulled passed him lol

haha, mine smells incredibly rich at idle. especially since its catless.

Back