What have you done to your MS3 today?

Hmm, really? I autocross every month and if this is the case, that's just a deal breaker. Did you chalk your tires and see them rollover or can you just "feel" it?

EDIT: Looking at the price difference between 215/45/18 V12 Venus and 225/45/18 RE760, I don't see why I shouldn't go for the RE760 considering the stiffer sidewall and quicker time in the dry on C&D test. Venus is ~$480 shipped with rebate, RE760 is ~$600 (215/45 is only $8 cheaper total) with rebate. But, that brings another contender in the mix: the Sumitomo HTRZ III 225/45/18 at ~$580 shipped.

Cheapest place for the V12's is onlinetires.com

Cheapest place for the V12's is onlinetires.com

Ah, I must have been looking at the 225/45 V12s. The 215/45 V12s come in at ~$470 shipped after rebate from onlinetires.com. Only a few dollars cheaper that TireRack, but still cheaper and at least in stock at the nearest location.

Ah, I must have been looking at the 225/45 V12s. The 215/45 V12s come in at ~$470 shipped after rebate from onlinetires.com. Only a few dollars cheaper that TireRack, but still cheaper and at least in stock at the nearest location.

They have gone up some since I bought last June. I paid $466 shipped from onlinetires and after rebate they were $416 for stock size. This was the best deal going for replacement tires at that time. I have been happy with the tires and have put over 10,000 miles on them. The sidewalls do flex some but the ride is soft and quite. I have found that even with the flex the tires do not break loose easily, they flex but hold.

They have gone up some since I bought last June. I paid $466 shipped from onlinetires and after rebate they were $416 for stock size. This was the best deal going for replacement tires at that time. I have been happy with the tires and have put over 10,000 miles on them. The sidewalls do flex some but the ride is soft and quite. I have found that even with the flex the tires do not break loose easily, they flex but hold.

Yeah, I've read just about every thread I could find on the V12 on different forums, including the one with you finally deciding to go with stock size in the MSF thread. Seen updates from you and it keeps the V12 in the mix. Really, the only thing that I'm worried about is what liquidflem posted. I enjoy autocross and I would like to hit up a track day and from his perspective and the guy that started the MSF thread is that the sidewalls are simply too soft, despite the massive grip that these cheap tires give you. I'm not so much concerned with the DD ride quality since I am content with the stiffness of the stockers, just the ability to drive confidently on the track and autox course.

I try not to be mad about the heavy ass (24 lbs!!) 18x7 (7 INCHES!!!) rims that came stock, but I am, lol. Makes tire choice a pain in the ass. I should just buy 17x8 rims and save money on rubber while getter a larger cross-section. Ah, money.

Yeah, I've read just about every thread I could find on the V12 on different forums, including the one with you finally deciding to go with stock size in the MSF thread. Seen updates from you and it keeps the V12 in the mix. Really, the only thing that I'm worried about is what liquidflem posted. I enjoy autocross and I would like to hit up a track day and from his perspective and the guy that started the MSF thread is that the sidewalls are simply too soft, despite the massive grip that these cheap tires give you. I'm not so much concerned with the DD ride quality since I am content with the stiffness of the stockers, just the ability to drive confidently on the track and autox course.

I try not to be mad about the heavy ass (24 lbs!!) 18x7 (7 INCHES!!!) rims that came stock, but I am, lol. Makes tire choice a pain in the ass. I should just buy 17x8 rims and save money on rubber while getter a larger cross-section. Ah, money.

I would have to agree, they hold to the ground much better than the stock potenza RE050.

here's a list of what i hope to do today.
fix exhaust like where the DP meets Catback.
Roll rear fenders
Install tri point rear sway bar
fix kink in hose to BPV
MAYYBE install cobb turbo inlet.

Paint the grids white??? nah, maybe two weeks from now hehe

Yes...grids white plz. That would be sOOOOO sick! Maybe on the inlet? WTF! you put on a downpipe last week, but you are apprehensive to put on the inlet? Just throw the battery out of the car and get to work! :)

Having my Koni Sport Struts/Shocks installed and an alignment done. I'm just waiting for my Tri-Point RSB to arrive and the mods are complete.(yippy)

Washed her and did some interior cleaning. Maybe I should make sure all windows are fully close before washing. doh!

Brought it to the dealership for an oilchange. Also the lack of suspension, found out both my rear shocks are blown! 40K miles, SWEET!

I'll never buy a Mazda ever again.

Gmac

here's a list of what i hope to do today.
fix exhaust like where the DP meets Catback.
Roll rear fenders
Install tri point rear sway bar
fix kink in hose to BPV
MAYYBE install cobb turbo inlet.

Paint the grids white??? nah, maybe two weeks from now hehe

got NONE of this done, however it is getting new rubber installed, alignment and state inspection done as we speak

just got my carb sticker today for my injen cai thanks to injen technology and their awesome and prompt customer service, and to cbmrocket after posting his cai install, otherwise i would have never even known it was now legal. no more worrying about fix-it tickets...until i get my mod list growin anyway

Back