What have you done to your MS3 today?

Speaking of wagons

Kansei said:
nothing wrong with your wagon. It looks nice :)
A wagon could be a butt; so in saying "nothing wrong with your wagon" you could be giving compliment. Anyway, I'm new here, just going through the posts. I had a 2002 1/2 PR5 - ran it into a pipe fence last May (totaled) so now I have a 3i Touring. Wanted the wagon, er, hatchback, er five-door but it too steep for me at the time. Would really like to have an 07 MS3 (155 mph, 0-60 in 5.8)!
(first)

I meant it as a compliment. I think the Protege5/Mazda3 hatch size/type of car is the best you can buy. Economical, practical, fun.. :)

zero6three said:
I had a 2002 1/2 PR5 - ran it into a pipe fence last May (totaled) so now I have a 3i Touring. Wanted the wagon, er, hatchback, er five-door but it too steep for me at the time. Would really like to have an 07 MS3 (155 mph, 0-60 in 5.8)!
(first)
Well, may I be the first to welcome you and your 3i to the forums!

I was an extremely busy-beaver yesterday... automotively speaking:

Finally rotated tires... 800 miles later (5800 miles,) adjusted air pressure
Cleaned all wheels, front and back, and lugs.
Gelled the tires.
Redo on my
red center caps (two hours!!)
Cleaned all brakes, brake lines, wheel wells and suspension pieces.
Adjusted rear suspension camber.
Checked oil, battery, other fluids.
Reset ECU.
Washed and dryed, also long overdue, and waxed.

That's only on my Mazda....

My wife's Saturn:
Changed over to synthetic oil/filter, of course.
Rotated tires, adjusted air pressure.
Checked brakes for pad/shoe life, leaks and squeaking noise.
Checked battery and other fluids.
Washed and dryed.

Today: Clean, and clean out the interiors of both cars.

Last edited:
Well I tried to register it on the Mazda owners site, but it wouldn't take the VIN, weird. Maybe they haven't put the 2007s in the system yet, anyone else with a speed 3 try this yet to see if it works?

WTF MATE said:
Well I tried to register it on the Mazda owners site, but it wouldn't take the VIN, weird. Maybe they haven't put the 2007s in the system yet, anyone else with a speed 3 try this yet to see if it works?
yeah my vin worked about 2 weeks ago, put it in and it came up with mazdaspeed3 blah blah. Maybe you missed a digit.

WTF MATE said:
I seem to remember having a similar problem in '04 when I bought mine. Perhaps the dealer hasn't documented the sale yet.
I'd wait a week and try it again.

javanc said:
yeah my vin worked about 2 weeks ago, put it in and it came up with mazdaspeed3 blah blah. Maybe you missed a digit.
No positive I put it in correctly, I tried it like 4 or 5 times. I even went down to the car to make sure I had it right.

Went and took it out for a drive over the Intercostal Gulf Highway, It's a bunch of long bridges that stretch from Panama City to Port St. Joe(nice scenic ride) and took a bunch of pictures with the wife and car. Figured I'd post some of the nicer ones. Unfortunetly the car was kinda dirty after the ride.

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

Nice pics...How is the comfort level in the MS3 over long distances?

*Thread title updated to include our MS3 Family! (woowoo)

Nice! And I'm jealous.
'Bet the driver of that car coming down the road in the 2nd pic was wondering what the heck you were doing parked halfway across the road? (rlaugh)
It surprises me that you'd drive a black car in such a hot, humid climate. Was that by choice or you're only choice?

bbrich57 said:

Nice! And I'm jealous.
'Bet the driver of that car coming down the road in the 2nd pic was wondering what the heck you were doing parked halfway across the road? (rlaugh)
It surprises me that you'd drive a black car in such a hot, humid climate. Was that by choice or you're only choice?
LOL, Well as you know there are only four colors, My wife didn't like the red and I didn't like the silver. The blue was definetly out of the question. Also we're both military and don't plan on being in florida that much longer so....Black it was.

Antoine said:
Nice pics...How is the comfort level in the MS3 over long distances?

*Thread title updated to include our MS3 Family! (woowoo)
Its great, I love the seats and the since i'm 6'5" the ergonomics actually fit me really nice. Slam the seat to the floor and all the way back and I'm set. As for the suspension and exhaust, I think it feels great I'm used to much stiffer so the comfort level is a plus for me, and the sound between 70 and 90 which i'm usually cruising at is barely noticable. All in all I give it an 8.5 out of 10. It's no BMW but its a damn nice mazda!:)

m1ndless said:
Is reseting the ECU reccomended every so often or something?
It seems to help after doing mods.
I, and others I know, believe that this ECU relearns and adjusts for mods after a time. Some say it takes only about 100 miles for the computer to compensate. I can't speak to that, nor do I reset mine that often, but still believe that it happens. I find that resetting it from time to time seems to bring back some of the performance sparkle as when the mods were first done.

Got the oil changed for the first time today, 2761 miles and in goes a new filter and mobil 1 fully synthetic 5w-30.

Loan approved, 30 more days.

Sorry to subject you to this, but my level of excitement is increasing as the number of days lessens. My dad went to the dealership and reported they are storing it inside. My brother is going there Friday for an oil change, and he is going to sent me some pics.

WTF MATE said:
Got the oil changed for the first time today, 2761 miles and in goes a new filter and mobil 1 fully synthetic 5w-30.
how hard is it to change the filter? we got those new(old) fangled inline oil filters eh?

ive never changed one of those.

Back