What have you done to your MS3 today?

be sure to post on how you like those tires, ive been thinking about them

(attn)so as far as the Continental ExtremeContact DW's go, i've already put about 560 miles on them in about a week and a half. for daily driving, they're excellent. they're much quieter than the stock bridgestone re050a's and handling and braking hasn't changed much so they do have good grip. when it comes to "spirited" driving, i don't do much, so i can't say how well they do on hard launches, cornering, and braking. no summer rain here in central coast of cali either so i don't have any feedback on how well they perform when wet. but it's an all-around great tire for my use. guys at the tire shop said they do wear out pretty quick so they said to bring it in every 3k for rotation and balance

Last edited:
Did a semi-diy trunk floor mat out of a kit my wife got me from khols for $20. Came with a 14 led flashlight and an emergency blanket. Only took a little bit of trimming to shape. Unfortunately my phone doesn't allow for uploads so I can show a pic at present

Also looking at front plate options. Gonna do something in the form of a towplate and maybe a marine corps plate like a plain ega or something

Eww...and I thought my 40k miles on my 08.5 was bad. Yeesh

Yeah I bought the car used at 45,009 miles the first week of August last year. I guess 15,000 isn't too high for one year of DD, but it certainly isn't low either. First owner bought it brand new in late 2007 when the '08s first came out. He drove it for two years and put 45,000 miles on it!

BTW, buy PG's Towplate and let me know how it is. For $50, you can't go wrong, but I saw a few complaints about it (but I doubt them since PG is very good at providing high quality products, good prices, and customer service!)

BTW, buy PG's Towplate and let me know how it is. For $50, you can't go wrong, but I saw a few complaints about it (but I doubt them since PG is very good at providing high quality products, good prices, and customer service!)

I was just planning on fabricating the already existing tow piece the car comes with. It really has no other use after the initial traveling the car took by way of ship to keep it from moving around.

I was just planning on fabricating the already existing tow piece the car comes with. It really has no other use after the initial traveling the car took by way of ship to keep it from moving around.

I cut my tow hook and tapped it for a 1/4-20 screw and bent a piece of sheet metal (.200 thickness I believe) and drilled some holes and done. Now just need to replace the tow hook..

3794528643_8e4444a01d_o.jpg

3791310977_d9de40e99b_o.jpg

3792122766_ea9896d49f_o.jpg

Since those pictures I took it off, cut off that corner that was exposed and painted it flat black so its not as noticeable.
4837909793_c54465bb6b_b.jpg

how does that hold up at 150mph?

haha haven't tested it at that speed. I have kept an eye on where the bolt is on the back for the license plate to see if a mark appears. I have taken it to 120mph and it hasn't had a mark or flew off.. You can force it to touch the bumper but it does take some force.

haha haven't tested it at that speed. I have kept an eye on where the bolt is on the back for the license plate to see if a mark appears. I have taken it to 120mph and it hasn't had a mark or flew off.. You can force it to touch the bumper but it does take some force.

looks good, but why don't you just delete the bolt on the left?

I have thought about getting a rubber stopper or something like that and attaching it to the back just in case it does touch the bumper it will be stopped by the piece of rubber.

I cut my tow hook and tapped it for a 1/4-20 screw and bent a piece of sheet metal (.200 thickness I believe) and drilled some holes and done. Now just need to replace the tow hook..

3794528643_8e4444a01d_o.jpg

3791310977_d9de40e99b_o.jpg

3792122766_ea9896d49f_o.jpg

Since those pictures I took it off, cut off that corner that was exposed and painted it flat black so its not as noticeable.
4837909793_c54465bb6b_b.jpg

Totally stealing your idea.....haha

Sport6 -- nice stuff, I'd replace the two plain nuts on each bolt with either a lock nut or an acorn nut. You could even get an all-nylon acorn nut so that it won't scratch up your paint. Check out mcmaster.com (rockon)

Received the manifold for the car today, just waiting on turbo, waste gate and a few small parts to install. Also got a new block, piston and rods on the way. It's F'ing Xmas (drive2)

Back