What have you done to your Miata today?

What do East Coast Miata owners do during the winter? :) Do you just keep it in storage or use the time to catch up on mods and or repairs?

Winter sucks! I just put my girl to bed until January in NC. I’m fortunate to be able to drive 10 months! 😉
You put the MX away already? Oh man! There's still plenty of fall driving to do, the colors have just now started to pop around here. We took a nice drive yesterday. Had to add a little heat with the top down but it was VERY nice out.

You put the MX away already? Oh man! There's still plenty of fall driving to do, the colors have just now started to pop around here. We took a nice drive yesterday. Had to add a little heat with the top down but it was VERY nice out.
Ya, only because with summer tires I can’t drive to NC to much later that mid October. But alas, I get to drive it from January to next October! 😉

Ya, only because with summer tires I can’t drive to NC to much later that mid October. But alas, I get to drive it from January to next October! 😉
Here in Northern Illinois I normally wait till the middle of November to put my MX and my motorcycle to bed for the winter. Oil changes for both then right to bed. They don't see the light of day till March.

I'm an outlier since I can only enjoy my car for six months of the year at most, but no matter when I am home if the roads are clear she's out with the top down. Gets me some looks when the temperature is in the 20's.

So the last AutoX was a bust. Raining hard and part of the lot doesn't drain well and flooded a third of the lot. Then the lightning started so it was cancelled.

Oh well. I had a great fall weather wise and drove the car to work most days in the sun and warmth. So Mia will go into storage next weekend and wait for spring.

Winter sucks! I just put my girl to bed until January in NC. I’m fortunate to be able to drive 10 months! 😉
What is this talk about putting them away for the season? I will be putting my winter tires on in a few weeks and then it's let the white stuff fly! :)

Just gotta keep the undercarriage rinsed off throughout the season.

@Antoine I swap on the OEM wheels with winter tires and drive it through the winter. My main concern is snow fall totals as the Miata has a tendency to bottom out fairly easy. ;)

If it isn't snowing/raining, the top is usually down no matter the temps. Just have to bundle up and turn on the seat heaters.

Here she sleeps

Attachments

• 0D1EFD6B-93A3-457D-806C-D0BCB03AB8FC.jpeg
    0D1EFD6B-93A3-457D-806C-D0BCB03AB8FC.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 144
@Antoine I swap on the OEM wheels with winter tires and drive it through the winter. My main concern is snow fall totals as the Miata has a tendency to bottom out fairly easy. ;)

If it isn't snowing/raining, the top is usually down no matter the temps. Just have to bundle up and turn on the seat heaters.
Cool(y)…How does the Miata feel with winter tires and snow? You mentioned rinsing off the undercarriage, have you had any issues with rust despite this..?

What is this talk about putting them away for the season? I will be putting my winter tires on in a few weeks and then it's let the white stuff fly! :)

Just gotta keep the undercarriage rinsed off throughout the season.

I never drive my babies in foul weather. That's what the CX-5 is for. :p

Cool(y)…How does the Miata feel with winter tires and snow? You mentioned rinsing off the undercarriage, have you had any issues with rust despite this..?
I don't use a performance winter tire like most do so on dry roads, so I have to dial it back a bit as the they get squishy and don't have as much traction. In the snow, I have never had a problem in the 2-3" that I have had to drive in to get home from work. The latter is my main concern so I will trade off the dry road performance knowing that if there are a few inches on the ground, I will not be sleeping at the office. No rust issues...yet but this will be my second winter season with the car. Prior to this it spent its life out in Arkansas. I just do my best and have been thinking of getting the undercarriage coated with Ziebart or something similar.
I never drive my babies in foul weather. That's what the CX-5 is for. :p
I would drive the CX-5 but then my wife would be driving the Miata. Why let her have all the fun?:LOL:

After having my MX for two years, yesterday was the second time EVER that I drove it in the rain.

We took a nice long drive to St Charles and picked up some supplies at the marijuana dispensary. :giggle:

Only a 20% chance of rain was called for. I guess I'll have to wash the MX today and sample some of the goods from yesterday's purchase.

Well it's done. Mia's in the Boat House for the winter. Up on jack stands and I pulled the wheels off to store indoors. Need to pull the battery and put a cover on in the next few days.

Back