What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

Ran through my first full tank of gas...20mpg combined city/highway. I didn't think that was too shabby!

My excitement was short lived though. Pulled out from the gas station, and the car started running weird? It was surging at idle, from 500-1200 RPM's, and seemed to be stuttering a little bit in the lower RPM range when driving. Getting ready to head to work now...we'll see if it persists.

Will 235-40x18 fit on stock rims? What offset would I have to do? Rolling?

Edit: after some searching, I received my answer.

Last edited:
did you get the fmic installed yet? still interested in seeing how you installed it
Not installed yet, I take small baby steps lol. Looked around for an intercooler, bought it, checked it out up close - looked fine to me. Just painted now (only one side):
cx_black_1.jpg

cx_black_2.jpg

Need to order my piping now

looks good...good luck if you plan on going with the cxracing piping route...cause its not exactly easy lol. had to do a lot of cutting of the bumper lip and radiator cover, had to bend the horn out of the way and had to remove the washer tank.

Haha I know. Luckily since there are about 100000000000000000 honda fan boys where I live I ended up getting the 92-95 civic windshield washer tank for $15 (headbang). I will be cutting the back of the bumper to make this core fit yes, Also will have to cut a lot of the crash bar. Horns are meh, I could probably relocate those if it's an issue lol.

This core should fit almost flush with the grille in the front bumper after I measured.

Haha I know. Luckily since there are about 100000000000000000 honda fan boys where I live I ended up getting the 92-95 civic windshield washer tank for $15 (headbang). I will be cutting the back of the bumper to make this core fit yes, Also will have to cut a lot of the crash bar. Horns are meh, I could probably relocate those if it's an issue lol.

This core should fit almost flush with the grille in the front bumper after I measured.

at some point this year i need to redo the fmic core.. i want bigger and don't like how the cxracing sits just tiny bit below the bumper but not below the black plastic lip. i will also need to cut the crash bar. hey its all good fun in the end.

i recently just installed the steedspeed exhaust manifold..what a pain in the ass it was since i broke a bolt on the turbo side and had to drill it out and such lol.

keep me posted on your progress tho since i want to get the same intercooler core

at some point this year i need to redo the fmic core.. i want bigger and don't like how the cxracing sits just tiny bit below the bumper but not below the black plastic lip. i will also need to cut the crash bar. hey its all good fun in the end.

i recently just installed the steedspeed exhaust manifold..what a pain in the ass it was since i broke a bolt on the turbo side and had to drill it out and such lol.

keep me posted on your progress tho since i want to get the same intercooler core

Will do! Yeah I've looked at all the front mount kits + custom kits for our car and I wasn't too impressed. All of them sit under the crash bar or under the front bumper. Again I'm goin to cut a lot... I don't care as much for my car anymore I've had for 3+ years it's got no warranty blah blah blah. As long as it's all behind the bumper.

This is my plan A:
fmic_1-1.jpg

Not sure if I'll be able to run the piping behind it though (again all custom) but we'll see.

If nothing then option B:
fmic_2-1.jpg

Intercooler is already painted black for sleeper status yo. I'm gunna get the cp-e tow plate too for maximum air flow. When everything is 100% complete on + tuned, I will take pics of everything.

Took my god awful roof racks off, ordered a CX-7 antenna, and my HID's got dropped off yesterday. Not sure when I'll get them in though...

I don't think they'd fit a regular sedan body. They stretch from back to almost the windshield here on the wagon...pretty long.

Unless you modified them? Cutting and whatnot. I think they'd sit in the roof channels the same, and even sit flush on the roof and pillars without any gaps, it's just a matter of length.

Nice.

How do you (guys) hook up the power and ground wires to the battery? It was easy in my P5, the car came with those brass battery terminals that had extra holes to put more wires into, then you tighten the screw down on the wire.

Back