What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Not much of an electrical person.

What did you hard-wire these into?
The front overhead dome light (4th image). I chose to do it this way so I can control them with the rest of the overhead lighting. Would have been easier to tap into the circuit in the kick panel, but then you would have LED's powered through the door pins only.

I didn't specifically do it, but I did have remote start added today. Still getting familiar with it but it's nice to have remote start back (my prior vehicle had it)!

Hey you've had some kms driven on these for a bit now... Can you tell if it bites down better than the stock? Stock brakes just doesn't seem to have the power.

It does seem to bite a little better, but its not like a night and day difference. To be fair though, I never had any real issues with braking on my CX-9, even when I was expecting to (road tripping with 900lbs of weight plates in the back). I think more aggressive pads would be the answer, though you may have to deal with more brake dust than usual.

Picked up five oil filters from the dealership. Planning to change the oil and swap over to my winter wheels today. They raised the price on the 1WPY filters to $12 CAD, which I was expecting, but I politely asked for a discount if I bought a few filters, and they knocked it down to $10,70 per. Not a whole lot in savings, but sometimes it's there if you ask for it.

One of the license plate LED bulbs I bought to replace the original incandescent lights kicked the bucket over the weekend, so I installed new LED bulbs.

Earlier in the week, I also replaced the rear wiper. 4 years of service, not bad. The rubber on the original separated when I tried to free the wiper from some ice. Normally I would have just bought a replacement rubber insert from the dealer, but I got lazy 😅 Instead I replaced the entire blade with a 14" Reflex wiper from Canadian Tire. Works great so far.

Got a Christmas bonus from work and I am considering putting in a cold air intake. 2021 CX-9 Signature. My (very slim) options are K&N, Corksport, or AEM. Anyone have any thoughts??? Thanks.

Got a Christmas bonus from work and I am considering putting in a cold air intake. 2021 CX-9 Signature. My (very slim) options are K&N, Corksport, or AEM. Anyone have any thoughts??? Thanks.

I'd say get whichever you can find cheapest. This particular mod is really just for the sound, and they'll all give the same result. And the 3 mentioned are not actually "cold air" intakes, the only one that is a cold air intake is the BMS Stage 2.

Corksport short ram is the cheapest but also not in stock until early January. Their SRI seems to make the most sense. I just like not having change out the air filter all the time and getting a little better throttle response.

Corksport short ram is the cheapest but also not in stock until early January. Their SRI seems to make the most sense. I just like not having change out the air filter all the time and getting a little better throttle response.

Air filter maintenance/replacement is due to the debris that can clog up the filter, which then creates air flow issues that can lead to a reduction in fuel economy. The OEM air filter filters better than any of the aftermarket intakes, which is why it's recommended to replace it at the intervals described in the owner's manual. The aftermarket options provide better air flow at the cost of filtering capability.

I have the Corksport one and I've cleaned the filter element a couple of times. I just take the garden hose to it and spray it from the inside out, shake it off, then blow dry (again, from the inside out), or let it sit to air dry.

IMO, if you want better throttle response in the $150-$300 range, a throttle controller like the Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster is the way to go. I have the Sprint Booster, and while it doesn't add any power, you can tweak throttle sensitivity to make it feel more responsive. (y)

I'd say get whichever you can find cheapest. This particular mod is really just for the sound, and they'll all give the same result. And the 3 mentioned are not actually "cold air" intakes, the only one that is a cold air intake is the BMS Stage 2.

I sure miss the sound of a CAI, especially on wide open throttle.

Ran into a bit of trouble once with the CAI on a 04 Toyota Celica GTS where it decided to guzzle up some water during a flash flood. I was driving extra slow to try to avoid the potential headache, but long story short, had to tow the car the last km home, disassemble the CAI to pour out about half a liter of water sitting in the pipe just after the intake filter. Luckily, no water got into the intake/motor.

Sorry for the slight off topic

Did an exterior detailing this past weekend. Happy with the results. Wash. Clay. Ran over the entire exterior with Meguiar’s Scratch X. Buffed. 1 coat of Wet Paint Glaze, applied by buffer, hand toweled it off. Final clean bonnet polish.

903406DB-24D8-4D8C-82C2-7354415D54B9.jpeg

C7E8D42F-4B0A-4452-9CC7-4DD31CB363AD.jpeg

A70849D5-BDF5-4545-A755-46201B590CD3.jpeg

In the past i had went out and measured the distance from the top of the cross bar to the roof and it is about 2.5 inch for the front bar and 3 inch for the rear bar. The cargo box is on at the moment so can’t really measure it now.

The cross bars aren’t very thick. Probably less than 1 inch i think.

In the past i had went out and measured the distance from the top of the cross bar to the roof and it is about 2.5 inch for the front bar and 3 inch for the rear bar. The cargo box is on at the moment so can’t really measure it now.

The cross bars aren’t very thick. Probably less than 1 inch i think.
Thanks! Mind if I ask what Cargo box you're using? I know my yakima brand brackets underneath has quite a large clamp and making sure it will clear the paint on the roof. I had a car in the past that didnt'.

Gave it a wash yesterday. The touchless wash at the Shell was busted, so I took it to a coin-op and hand washed it. Nice and clean again, but it was cold enough that water droplets froze on the paint. Made sure to dry the seals and the door jambs and apply some silicone lube to prevent doors from freezing shut. I also discovered a decent sized paint chip on one of my rear fenders, likely from someone with a red car opening their door into the fender.

Today an extreme cold warning was issued. It was like -40c with the windchill this morning. At least the car will stay clean throughout this cold snap, lol.

20230130_104204.jpg

Back