What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Bought these 2day. Turns out they are made of pure Deutronium. OK, so when the wheels start spinning they create a Tacyion field which acts as a turboencabulator. Spins the the angry snail in the engine bay faster. Guaranteed, net result is 30 WHP. :p
What are they? Sorry for my ignorance.

today: nothing. Last week? used a paint pen to fix some scratches on the front.
Recently? installed a tablet-monitor system in the backseats for rear passenger viewing and entertainment (Uber driver)
Next week? Headlight upgrade?

Where do you Uber? Just curious because, personally, the last thing I need in an Uber is another screen to stare at. Maybe that's a popular thing somewhere?

In Portland, it's VERY popular. I just leave them (it's a pair) lately on the desktop, people can choose to play games or just look at the pretty picture. On weekends I usually have them playing a popular movie: Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc etc. I have a TON of stuff on the usb drive plugged into it, but it's android so I can download other apps as well.. looking forward to playing the Superbowl for people.

Bought these 2day. Turns out they are made of pure Deutronium. OK, so when the wheels start spinning they create a Tacyion field which acts as a turboencabulator. Spins the the angry snail in the engine bay faster. Guaranteed, net result is 30 WHP. :p

nah more like 40, because you know, 10x4 = 40 :ROFLMAO:

Racing Beat axleback installed
February,10,2023,05’33’40PM.png

Attachments

• February,10,2023,05’32’48PM.png
    February,10,2023,05’32’48PM.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 97
Is there any cheap performance mods we can do on the NA engine? Besides a new air filter or intake, I want to see if we can squeeze some additional power out of this engine.

Is there any cheap performance mods we can do on the NA engine? Besides a new air filter or intake, I want to see if we can squeeze some additional power out of this engine.

What driving characteristics do you want to improve? If you want slightly better passing power (and I mean slightly), then intake/exhaust would help. In general, lighter wheels/tires will be better for everything all around, and can be found cheap if you're open to searching junkyards for OEM wheels from other brands. If you want better traction/acceleration, look into a nice set of new tires (not cheap). And if you want more sensitive throttle response, you can look into a throttle controller like Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster, but those don't add power.

The cost/performance ratio for the CX-5 isn't great. To tell the truth, why bother? It's a 2.5l and no matter what you do, you're not going to increase the power by much without forced induction, which is expensive.

A different intake and filter are going to do almost nothing, performance wise anyways.

YMMV

Back