What have you done to your CX-5 today?

CS exhaust went on today. Wife likes it so no issue there 😅

New tires and powder coating for the wheels next.

Attachments

• 3F20198C-F48B-451E-A9E5-814A1E8E6F42.jpeg
    3F20198C-F48B-451E-A9E5-814A1E8E6F42.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 44CC24FA-51B8-4CD4-B2E5-BD8F8B8EFBB1.jpeg
    44CC24FA-51B8-4CD4-B2E5-BD8F8B8EFBB1.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 96F5EB91-61CC-4461-ADB8-AFD4CBCF376B.jpeg
    96F5EB91-61CC-4461-ADB8-AFD4CBCF376B.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 202
This’s something I have never done on my 2016 CX-5, although the owner’s manual does say it’s necessary after the tire rotation, or adjusting the tire pressure.

I've never had an issue with my TPMS but I go ahead and reset it each time I do anything with the tires. It only takes a moment.

No need to reset on my 2016 or 2017 because they do not have a screen that shows the 4 psi values for the tires.

I'll try a full write up once I get around to installing, but for now I found a way to get that tricky second MAP sensor harness (sits on the passenger side of the intercooler) unplugged. No bumper removal necessary :)

There is a small black shroud that sits in-between the front bumper and intercooler on both sides of the intercooler/bumper. Once that shroud on passenger side is removed by hand, you can see and access the harness on the intercooler to get it unplugged. I've uploaded a video where I tried to explain getting that tricky harness unplugged. Hope it helps:
How did you reinstall the plastic shroud covering the harness on the intercooler?

No need to reset on my 2016 or 2017 because they do not have a screen that shows the 4 psi values for the tires.

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

This is exactly the reason a reset is necessary. If the ABS system is used to determine whether or not a tire has lower air pressure than the other 3 it must have something to compare the tires to. When a reset is done the baseline is set and any deviation from the baseline causes the system to trigger a warning.

If a reset is not necessary why do you think that there's a reset button to the left of the steering wheel?

Sorry but my 2017 DOES NOT even have that TPMS reset button as you stated so you are wrong on that. My 2016.5 (like yours) did have one.
GEN 1 did use the ABS system to indirectly determine low tire pressure.
GEN 2 uses tire pressure sensors in each valve stem to directly determine pressure of each tire.

Last edited:

Sorry but my 2017 DOES NOT even have that TPMS reset button as you stated so you are wrong on that. My 2016.5 (like yours) did have one.
GEN 1 did use the ABS system to indirectly determine low tire pressure.
GEN 2 uses tire pressure sensors in each valve stem to directly determine pressure of each tire.

What did you say in your first post above?

"No need to reset on my 2016 or 2017..." Right?

Now please tell me, who is wrong and who is right?

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

This is exactly the reason a reset is necessary. If the ABS system is used to determine whether or not a tire has lower air pressure than the other 3 it must have something to compare the tires to. When a reset is done the baseline is set and any deviation from the baseline causes the system to trigger a warning.

If a reset is not necessary why do you think that there's a reset button to the left of the steering wheel?
If the reset button is like most other modern manufactures, it's for resetting pressure limits. The sensors themselves have to be registered, but their location is picked up automatically, by their distance from the receiver.

What did you say in your first post above?

"No need to reset on my 2016 or 2017..." Right?

Now please tell me, who is wrong and who is right?
OK I will. When you say I have the TPMS reset button on my 2017, you are wrong because it does not have one.

What did I do with my CX-5 today? Let my youngest use it for our road trip to the in-laws for the weekend. My baby is on the highway with my baby.

I'll try a full write up once I get around to installing, but for now I found a way to get that tricky second MAP sensor harness (sits on the passenger side of the intercooler) unplugged. No bumper removal necessary :)

There is a small black shroud that sits in-between the front bumper and intercooler on both sides of the intercooler/bumper. Once that shroud on passenger side is removed by hand, you can see and access the harness on the intercooler to get it unplugged. I've uploaded a video where I tried to explain getting that tricky harness unplugged. Hope it helps:
If only I saw this on Saturday. Ended up having to remove the bumper anyways as connector was taped down multiple time to the harness. For sure possible now as I know the shroud in front of it is flimsy and there's no tape. Other than that bumper removal with Corksport instructions weren't so bad but short harness to the MAP sensor. My Butt dyno sure does feel more power.

Well I'm going to make this what have I done to my Mazda this week. I just joined the forum today. I purchased my Touring CX-5 last week Monday as my 16 year old Scion Xa has become too expensive at 175k to keep on the road.

I have the soul red with the dark gray wheels and tan interior and love it. This is the first new car I've purchased since my 1999 Dodge Dakota.
  1. Cargo area privacy cover
  2. All-weather mats including for the trunk (Mazda OEM)
  3. Wheel locks
  4. Navigation SD card (thanks Amazon for a killer deal on this)
  5. "High Flying" brand of hood struts on Amazon
  6. I used SEM black trim paint on the tailgate emblems and on all the window chrome.
  7. Put a full-size spare tire and OEM wheel in the trunk
  8. Deactivated the daytime running lights
  9. Installed Headlight Armor
  10. OEM mud flaps installed
  11. Blacked out the chrome exhaust tips
  12. Switched out the chrome on the front end for the Carbon edition dark chrome.
  13. Auto-dimming mirror with Homelink for the garage door
Thinking about the CS skid plate.

I'm having a blast just reading the various sub forums here and catching up on all the cool stuff that can be done.

Last edited:
Installed a front lip..the garage seal weatherstripping kind lol. Posting a before and after pic. We'll see how long it lasts just using the included double sided tape.

Attachments

• 20210908_191133.jpg
    20210908_191133.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 20210908_192847.jpg
    20210908_192847.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 278
Plasti dipped front badges and rear badges
That looks REALLY good on a dark vehicle. I'm hoping the plasti dip volcano red matches my soul red. It looks like you dipped the interior parts of the Mazda logo as well. Are you going to remove that or leave it?

Installed the Corksport short ram intake. The sound of the turbo spooling up and wastegate noise is ridiculous! Attached an audio clip. This is with only 1/3 throttle from a stop.

Attachments

• CX5 Corksport intake sound.mp3
    239.6 KB
Back