What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Interesting, let us know how the install goes. Wouldn't mind one for our 2014, but I kinda like not having anything in the way whenever I need to remove the engine cover.
Installed the strut bar, took ~25 minutes taking my time. I didnt have a torque wrench so just tightened best I could. Nothing is really obstructed by the bar.

I wasnt expecting a huge difference after install, but I felt immediate improvement in the tightness of the handling and steering. Totally worth it! I also noticed that the strut bar I bought looks identical to the Tsuyoi brand which is $300.

Attachments

• 20210820_190254.jpg
    20210820_190254.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 20210820_190318.jpg
    20210820_190318.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 237
Installed the strut bar, took ~25 minutes taking my time. I didnt have a torque wrench so just tightened best I could. Nothing is really obstructed by the bar.

I wasnt expecting a huge difference after install, but I felt immediate improvement in the tightness of the handling and steering. Totally worth it! I also noticed that the strut bar I bought looks identical to the Tsuyoi brand which is $300.

looks pretty good. Were you able to reuse the factory strut nuts, or did it come with replacements?

Hopefully the washers reduce the risk, but those seem like important nuts to torque properly.

You can get a torque wrench for $20.

Maybe a nice write up with pics?
I'll try a full write up once I get around to installing, but for now I found a way to get that tricky second MAP sensor harness (sits on the passenger side of the intercooler) unplugged. No bumper removal necessary :)

There is a small black shroud that sits in-between the front bumper and intercooler on both sides of the intercooler/bumper. Once that shroud on passenger side is removed by hand, you can see and access the harness on the intercooler to get it unplugged. I've uploaded a video where I tried to explain getting that tricky harness unplugged. Hope it helps:

I'll try a full write up once I get around to installing, but for now I found a way to get that tricky second MAP sensor harness (sits on the passenger side of the intercooler) unplugged. No bumper removal necessary :)

There is a small black shroud that sits in-between the front bumper and intercooler on both sides of the intercooler/bumper. Once that shroud on passenger side is removed by hand, you can see and access the harness on the intercooler to get it unplugged. I've uploaded a video where I tried to explain getting that tricky harness unplugged. Hope it helps:
Good stuff! I wasn’t looking forward to removing the bumper cover. My JB4 showed up today. We’ll see how the week goes, but I should have it installed no later than Saturday. I’ll definitely snap some pics.

Rotated the tires per Mazda's recommendation and while I had them off I washed and waxed the wheels, insides and out.

I used the car's spare tire as a helper. For me it's a good time to check the spare out and make sure the air pressure is as it should be. I also check over the area where the spare lives, just to make sure all is good, and it was. While I had everything exposed I checked over the brake components and those too were good.

Rotated the tires per Mazda's recommendation and while I had them off I washed and waxed the wheels, insides and out.

I used the car's spare tire as a helper. For me it's a good time to check the spare out and make sure the air pressure is as it should be. I also check over the area where the spare lives, just to make sure all is good, and it was. While I had everything exposed I checked over the brake components and those too were good.
Do you do 5K (recommended by Mazda for 2016 CX-5) or 7.5K-mile tire rotation interval?

I usually do the same things you just did during DIY tire rotation with factory Toyo A23 tires. Once I switched to new set of tires from Discount Tire, I may get lazy and have DT doing the free tire rotation.

Do you do 5K (recommended by Mazda for 2016 CX-5) or 7.5K-mile tire rotation interval?

I usually do the same things you just did during DIY tire rotation with factory Toyo A23 tires. Once I switched to new set of tires from Discount Tire, I may get lazy and have DT doing the free tire rotation.
I have the 5k miles tire rotation setting enabled. I'm not religious about that mileage and don't jump as soon as the 5k is reached. I'll wait for a nice day to do that work and that was yesterday. The interval this time was ~5.5k.

I have the 5k miles tire rotation setting enabled. I'm not religious about that mileage and don't jump as soon as the 5k is reached. I'll wait for a nice day to do that work and that was yesterday. The interval this time was ~5.5k.
I have it set that way as well. Mostly I end up rotating and resetting it just to make the message go away :) but it's one of those ritual things. Put her up on the ramps, change the oil, bring her down, rotate the tires, "relearn" the TPMS and go for a drive.

⋯ rotate the tires, "relearn" the TPMS and go for a drive.
This’s something I have never done on my 2016 CX-5, although the owner’s manual does say it’s necessary after the tire rotation, or adjusting the tire pressure.

This’s something I have never done on my 2016 CX-5, although the owner’s manual does say it’s necessary after the tire rotation, or adjusting the tire pressure.
After I had an issue with the warning coming on all the time after a rotation, I just do it now. Takes like 20 seconds of my time.

After I had an issue with the warning coming on all the time after a rotation, I just do it now. Takes like 20 seconds of my time.
Could be the difference between my Gen-1 CX-5 and your Gen-2 CX-5 on TPMS system?

Not sure. Mine is a 2015. I had rotated the tires like 3 times ago and the stupid light kept coming on. I did the actual relearn procedure (key on/engine off, press and hold the reset until it chirps, drive 20 minutes) and it went away. Now I just do that as part of the procedure.

Gave it a car wash. Came back from being out of town for a week, parked in a garage at the airport, yet birds still saw fit to disgrace the passenger side windows and paint. Paint looks to be ok, so hopefully only happened recent to me coming back and didn't have time to etch.

Other than that, replaced my cabin air filter earlier in August as I figured the heavy smoke we've been getting from CA and OR wasn't helping matters. Also went ahead and did an oil change with my last 5 qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30. Will be looking at this new GF-6 oil going forward.

Back