• received_474627700535253~2.jpeg
    received_474627700535253~2.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 144
  • received_844853552770149~2.jpeg
    received_844853552770149~2.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 141
Just arrived Homura version for Europe.
@fpiforum Euro CX-5 ⋯ 👍

Always like to have the headlight washer and the headlights (ALH?) without the ugly amber front side marker in the headlight unit:

E6348BF2-E6DE-425D-8A02-B01CB68D249B.jpeg

And the rear fog light:

C1DF19CC-6297-407B-9CD4-D376B03ACED4.jpeg

But where is the factory CD / DVD player we had seen before in Euro CX-5?

99F22594-5108-4B46-A7F7-0885A3FE8B31.jpeg

Mind to tell us which country you’re in? Congrats!

@fpiforum Euro CX-5 ⋯ 👍

Always like to have the headlight washer and the headlights (ALH?) without the ugly amber front side marker in the headlight unit:

View attachment 299185

And the rear fog light:

View attachment 299186

But where is the factory CD / DVD player we had seen before in Euro CX-5?

View attachment 299187

Mind to tell us which country you’re in? Congrats!
It has ALH and rear fog light but no cd and headlight washer. This version is for all Europe countries.

One really bad thing is that they remove or software unplug wifi module for Europe for 10.25 screen.

That's my next step. I have a UMIK-1 that interfaces with REW. I just need to learn to use the damned thing!

A lot of it's the software. But I tuned in stages for my house curve. Did the front woofers as a pair. Then the center channel. Then the rear doors, and the rear mid ranges near the cargo. I have yet to EQ the subwoofer. But you know.... This is a suuuuuuuuuper timely process. Many of the folks on DIY Mobile Audio spends weeks, months, etc. to get perfect their own curve. Look up the JBL curve! That's where I started. A lil heavier on the bass side, but if you can get your 250 hz to 1k hz flat, that's a great starting point! At 3k, I'm targeting -3db and at 5k back to flat. So far I like it. I prefer more pronounced vocal ranges though. Center channel is at +2db and it provides really good staging so far. I am using centerpoint though, as the treble ranges seem clearer than without.

This is like a lil date with my car every morning and lunch. xD Wasting a lot of gas idling.

A lot of it's the software. But I tuned in stages for my house curve. Did the front woofers as a pair. Then the center channel. Then the rear doors, and the rear mid ranges near the cargo. I have yet to EQ the subwoofer. But you know.... This is a suuuuuuuuuper timely process. Many of the folks on DIY Mobile Audio spends weeks, months, etc. to get perfect their own curve. Look up the JBL curve! That's where I started. A lil heavier on the bass side, but if you can get your 250 hz to 1k hz flat, that's a great starting point! At 3k, I'm targeting -3db and at 5k back to flat. So far I like it. I prefer more pronounced vocal ranges though. Center channel is at +2db and it provides really good staging so far. I am using centerpoint though, as the treble ranges seem clearer than without.

This is like a lil date with my car every morning and lunch. xD Wasting a lot of gas idling.
So you use the JBL curve. I've been reading that that one and the Crutchfield curve are pretty much "the standards" that most people do like.

So you use the JBL curve. I've been reading that that one and the Crutchfield curve are pretty much "the standards" that most people do like.
Sort of... It's my reference point. I personally do not like it, although I can see why many do. You get the pronounced bass and midbass response, which many people prefer. I stay flat from 250 hz to the vocal ranges. Really 250hz to 1k roughly. Then from 1k - 3k, I gradually drop down 3db total, and then back up gradually to 5k at flat. From there, I go down a total of -5db from 5k-20k. I find that flat response from 1-5k hz makes things a little too tinny for me.

Hm I'm not sure for headlight washer, I didn't drive at rain yet, I will check thanks.. :)
You don’t have to wait until it rains. Just trigger the windshield washer and the headlight washers should also pop out and spray headlights simultaneously.

And the lights on :) Headlight washers are on my to do list...Someday. In the EU it's mandatory for led and hid. In the US nobody seems to care much and Mazda skipped it to save some $.

So… Starting backing into a spot at Walgreens. Young girl in car next to me, backs out and slams into my car. Luckily she admitted fault to local police.

Should be a blast having this fix. Ugh. Hate other drivers at times.

E58AD53C-8E51-48AF-9E9B-A27F852C5D72.jpeg

So… Starting backing into a spot at Walgreens. Young girl in car next to me, backs out and slams into my car. Luckily she admitted fault to local police.

View attachment 299395
%#%#*^%⋯ At least two new doors and repainting ⋯ :(

Hate. Just because someone makes a mistake that makes your life a bit more difficult? Wow….

What a bummer, yeah at least two new doors and paint...Hope nothing structural.

Please do keep us updated if possible, @Candurin and best of luck with the repairs!
I will. I already filed a claim with other driver’s insurance. I need to wait 5-7 days for police report and if need be, I can get video footage from Walgreens (shouldn’t be necessary as she admitted full fault to officer).

I’m hoping they don’t give me trouble about using dealership body shop. I don’t expect any issues, but, will prepare for them just in case.

It’s more upsetting that I’ll be the proud owner of a carfax :)

Ouch. Sorry to see that. How fast could she have been going to do that much damage?? Sheesh..

Back