What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I live in Maryland and I bought them here:

https://mazdashop.ca/products/premium-floor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018-2019-2020-2021

The link says “1st row” but I bought the full set. Pricey compared to all weather mats I’ve purchased in the past, but they seem worth it so far.

Transit time was 16 days including weekends.
Yeah I google searched "canadian all weather mats" and that site came up. So the "All Weather Floor Mats" are just flat rubber mats. The "Premium Floor Liners" are the ones molded to the floor pan, and definitely look better than the POS WeatherTech liners I currently have.

where did you source them? Are you in the US?
Yeah I google searched "canadian all weather mats" and that site came up. So the "All Weather Floor Mats" are just flat rubber mats. The "Premium Floor Liners" are the ones molded to the floor pan, and definitely look better than the POS WeatherTech liners I currently have.
I checked out some weathertechs in another car and they looked ok. The thing that I didn’t like was that my shoes didn’t grip to them, or rather, they felt slightly (slightly) slick.

The Canadian ones felt the same for a day or so but they’re good now. Felt like a very thin wax coating(?). Idk, no complaints now.

where did you source them? Are you in the US?

CX-5 Accessory must haves?

Floorliners for 2021 CX-5 GT

Yeah, it's Scarborough Mazda in Canada https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...loor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018-2019 . You can get them on Amazon and ebay as well, but they are actually a little cheaper ordering direct from the Scarborough dealership, right now $141 for front and $99 for rear vs $150 and $110 on Amazon/Ebay. All 3 have free shipping.

No pix, but I finally washed her. The day was near 70! I realize i have to clay bar and wax or something. What is the solution these days. Nu Finish or something like that I do not want to do ceramic sealer, my son did that and I am not impressed after 8 months.

I am sorry, but I am done with Zaino...takes a painfully long time... after doing all the treatments in 2007-2010 time frame, I figured out part of the allure is spending the whole day every three months or so doing Zaino...you psychologically feel good about the results, whether it turns out well or not....at least I did.

In the early 2000ths Zaino was the best. There were two treatments, Z1 pre-cleaner and Z2 polish. Now I think they have a whole bunch of treatments. The car would look super slick and it would shed water a very long time.

Looking at the Zaino site, step 7 pretty much kills it. "After removal of Zaino Z-2 or Z-5. You should wait 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees, before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2." Who wants to wait 7 hours to wax their car? Their two step process was perfect, why do they have a zillion products to put on the car now.

@TimPro

What is the update on the Corksport Intercooler? Looks like it uses every bit of extra space behind the bumper!
Intercooler fits just fine. The piping kit however I’m having trouble with. I’ve reached out to CS and am working with them to try and figure out if I’m doing something wrong

No pix, but I finally washed her. The day was near 70! I realize i have to clay bar and wax or something. What is the solution these days. Nu Finish or something like that I do not want to do ceramic sealer, my son did that and I am not impressed after 8 months.

Given that you have experience with Zaino and based on what I've read about them, I'm hesitant to recommend something as simple as a spray-on ceramic/wax product. That said, HS Ceramic Spray or Meguair's Ultimate Quik Wax would be my suggestion for anyone who wants protection but doesn't want to spend hours on multi-step solutions. A spray on product that it reapplied every 2-3 months is about as easy as it gets right now. As far as an actual wax/sealant product, I think NuFinish is one of the most durable sealants, and Collinite 845 is still one of the most durable waxes.

Personally, in the springtime I do an all-in-one polish/wax with Blackfire One Step, then maintain it with an application of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer cut with P&S Beadmaker once every month or two. Once winter hits, I just rinse the car or take it to a touchless wash when it gets too dirty.

I started a Car Care thread a while ago, feel free to post there if you'd like.

Intercooler fits just fine. The piping kit however I’m having trouble with. I’ve reached out to CS and am working with them to try and figure out if I’m doing something wrong
For some reason I always thought there’s an intercooler from factory on SkyActiv-G 2.5T? :unsure:

You can also buy the “generic” (still cx-5 specific!) mats on Amazon as well:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

The Mazda Canada OEM mats and 3D MAXpider mats are identical, made by same manufacturer. The only difference is the “Mazda” vs “3D” logo.

⋯ The Mazda Canada OEM mats and 3D MAXpider mats are identical, made by same manufacturer. The only difference is the “Mazda” vs “3D” logo.
No, there’re not “identical”. Both may come from the same manufacture, but the design pattern and even the material (if you look at them close-up) look different.

No, there’re not “identical”. Both may come from the same manufacture, but the design pattern and even the material (if you look at them close-up) look different.
You are correct. I could have sworn they were.
My apologies for being misleading.

@TimPro, I think this question is meant for you.
Haha! I was wondering.

I don’t have a particular number in mind. I can’t find anyone else that has built this engine up just yet. I wish I had a better idea of what’s capable. I’m just buying parts and hoping to be faster than the cx-5 next to me.

With that being said, having some trouble with this piping kit from CS. Trying to come up with a solution.
I have a JB4 hooked up and running as of today. But still dealing with a major boost leak

Been lurking on this forum for about a year or so since I started looking around for a manual CX-5 (only ever about 40 or so for sale across the country at any given time). I FINALLY got my hands on one about a month ago that was local enough and low miles enough to pull the trigger. So, being my first official post, I’d like to share what I’ve done so far and some of what my plans are going forward!

I’m happy I was able to get a Meteor Gray Mica one since I really wanted to go with a grey/blue color scheme for the aesthetic modifications. In line with that, I ordered a shifter and e-brake boot set from Amazon that are meant for some sort of BMW but they fit PERFECTLY in the CX-5. Also went with this AES knob that’s meant for a Mitsubishi Evo but has the same thread pattern as the CX-5, sits pretty low compared to other aftermarket knobs, and is real carbon fiber so it’s lightweight which actually makes the shifts feel nicer (was thinking it might have the opposite effect but I’m pleasantly surprised it didn’t!)

153615BB-1FFA-44C4-88F7-854A4FF9C7FD.jpeg

Also installed a Sony head unit to add Apple Car Play and get rid of the god-awful OEM unit... Retained the steering wheel controls to keep some factory ease-of-use and added an aftermarket backup camera for good measure.

C3BD6FC6-6753-413A-94DB-B7EF43A63B8A.jpeg

My proudest “mod” so far is one that has not yet been installed on the car, and that’s a custom emblem I designed. It combines the Mazda oval with the Mazdaspeed logo. I’m having them printed as dome stickers (think Subura or Ford badges) and honestly can’t wait to get them put on.

AAD8A220-E56F-4602-919A-FD0E53A8A00B.png

More to come!

Last edited:
Been lurking on this forum for about a year or so since I started looking around for a manual CX-5 (only ever about 40 or so for sale across the country at any given time). I FINALLY got my hands on one about a month ago that was local enough and low miles enough to pull the trigger. So, being my first official post, I’d like to share what I’ve done so far and some of what my plans are going forward!

I’m happy I was able to get a Meteor Gray Mica one since I really wanted to go with a grey/blue color scheme for the aesthetic modifications. In line with that, I ordered a shifter and e-brake boot set from Amazon that are meant for some sort of BMW but they fit PERFECTLY in the CX-5. Also went with this AES knob that’s meant for a Mitsubishi Evo but has the same thread pattern as the CX-5, sits pretty low compared to other aftermarket knobs, and is real carbon fiber so it’s lightweight which actually makes the shifts feel nicer (was thinking it might have the opposite effect but I’m pleasantly surprised it didn’t!)

View attachment 296418

Also installed a Sony head unit to add Apple Car Play and get rid of the god-awful OEM unit... Retained the steering wheel controls to keep some factory ease-of-use and added an aftermarket backup camera for good measure.

View attachment 296422

My proudest “mod” so far is one that has not yet been installed on the car, and that’s a custom emblem I designed. It combines the Mazda oval with the Mazdaspeed logo. I’m having them printed as dome stickers (think Subura or Ford badges) and honestly can’t wait to get them put on.

View attachment 296419

More to come!
A manual CX-5? What MY is it? There’s no new manual CX-5 for sale in the US right now. From pictures you posted it seems to be a 2016(.5) CX-5 FWD Sport.

It’s nice that you can keep “some” of the steering wheel controls with your aftermarket Sony head unit.

A manual CX-5? What MY is it? There’s no new manual CX-5 for sale in the US right now. From pictures you posted it seems to be a 2016(.5) CX-5 FWD Sport.

It’s nice that you can keep “some” of the steering wheel controls with your aftermarket Sony head unit.
Using the correct interface, you can keep *all* of the steering wheel controls, plus add additional custom controls. And then, you can go another step further, and even get real gauges like water temp, instead of just having an idiot light.

IMG_20201209_162404218_HDR.jpg

Back