What have you done to your CX-5 today?

The reason black is used between the windows is for aesthetic purposes. It makes the vehicle look much sleeker with the glass blending in the entire length of the vehicle. This is true, especially if the glass has after market tint.

If mine get scratched or get the spider web look, I use white polishing compound, followed up with a good wax. Also I am very careful to only use the softest of cotton towels to clean off the wax. When dusting off the car with a "California" type duster mop, I am careful not to touch the black ABS plastic trim pieces.

Since the black ABS is also on the top of our center consoles and all 4 door switches, I have installed genuine stainless steel to cover those. There is no scratching those.

In the past, I have owned 2 VW, CCs, a 2009 and a 2013. Instead of using black plastic, they use metal panels that have been factory painted. There is no problem with scratching.

Those car dusters scratch the crap out of car paint/clearcoat. I used them 20 years ago, but haven't since I learned of the damage they can cause. Nothing EVER touches my cars' painted surfaces unless there is some sort of liquid lubrication present, preferably some type of soap or polymer-based product like Beadmaker.

Those car dusters scratch the crap out of car paint/clearcoat. I used them 20 years ago, but haven't since I learned of the damage they can cause.

If you damaged the paint or clearcoat with a car duster I think the problem was on the end of the handle. Car dusters are used at car shows everywhere on vehicles with far more value than any Mazda. Use only the California Car Duster brand and follow the instructions to the letter. I've been using them for at least twenty years and have never damaged the finish on any car.

If you damaged the paint or clearcoat with a car duster I think the problem was on the end of the handle. Car dusters are used at car shows everywhere on vehicles with far more value than any Mazda. Use only the California Car Duster brand and follow the instructions to the letter. I've been using them for at least twenty years and have never damaged the finish on any car.

I guarantee you are introducing swirl marks into the finish. If you don't see them it's probably because the finish was swirled already and you can't see the additional swirls. And believe me the LARGE majority of cars at shows have swirled paint just like everyone else. If you haven't had a full on paint correction done to the car then there is almost certainly marring and swirls to some degree. I have seen a California car duster demonstrated on freshly corrected paint. It left the paint with marring after it was used (correctly) the first time. And Japanese car paint is notoriously on the soft side which means it swirls up even easier than other, harder paints such as from German makes.

Got some outstanding news today.

Police called me back today. They found the traffic cam footage of the lady who hit me. Thing is, she hit two more people after me and she stopped. Got tickets, reports, the whole shebang (I think she should have her license revoked). So when the police reviewed the camera footage, they knew exactly who hit me and called me back with her name, phone number, insurance carrier (Progressive), and her policy number.

Claim filed! Now for some estimates...

Police called me back today. They found the traffic cam footage of the lady who hit me. Thing is, she hit two more people after me and she stopped. Got tickets, reports, the whole shebang (I think she should have her license revoked). So when the police reviewed the camera footage, they knew exactly who hit me and called me back with her name, phone number, insurance carrier (Progressive), and her policy number.

That is awesome, congratulations!

Congratulations CD. I got sideswiped on the highway once and the kid ran. But luckily turned himself in 2-3 hours later after his dad ordered him back to the police station.

That is awesome, congratulations!
Thanks!

Made my day honestly. With a $1000 deductible I was looking up replacement rear bumpers online to just do it myself, but was still $600 - $700 depending on if it was painted or not painted. Was then thinking of looking up and seeing if any car yards had CX-5s I could rip a bumper off of (they don't). Then decided id just get the paint polished up and live with the other scratches.

Now that I got the claim in, I expect all the trim, rear bumper to be replaced as well as my now scratched to hell rear drivers side wheel.

Got hit and run clipped by a red light runner (or he had bad tires and couldn't stop in the snowstorm tonight).

Pissed. Bit damage is not too bad.

Somehow I missed your first post and didnt know you got hit-and-run accident weeks ago.

Youre lucky indeed. Wife also involved a hit-and-run accident a while ago. A car slided into my wifes car in freezing winter and he stopped and checked out the damage. He asked my wife if she got hurt and she said no. He told wife hes going back to his car getting the insurance card. Instead he simply just sped away. Wife saw the plate number and reported to police. The police by our surprise didnt want to do anything about it as nobody got hurt. They also refused to check license plate number tracing the car owner so that we could file insurance claim against him. Thiss Richardson PD so people in DFW area know.

Somehow I missed your first post and didnt know you got hit-and-run accident weeks ago.

Youre lucky indeed. Wife also involved a hit-and-run accident a while ago. A car slided into my wifes car in freezing winter and he stopped and checked out the damage. He asked my wife if she got hurt and she said no. He told wife hes going back to his car getting the insurance card. Instead he simply just sped away. Wife saw the plate number and reported to police. The police by our surprise didnt want to do anything about it as nobody got hurt. They also refused to check license plate number tracing the car owner so that we could file insurance claim against him. Thiss Richardson PD so people in DFW area know.
Yikes, that's awful to hear.

Somehow I missed your first post and didn*t know you got hit-and-run accident weeks ago.

You*re lucky indeed. Wife also involved a hit-and-run accident a while ago. A car slided into my wife*s car in freezing winter and he stopped and checked out the damage. He asked my wife if she got hurt and she said no. He told wife he*s going back to his car getting the insurance card. Instead he simply just sped away. Wife saw the plate number and reported to police. The police by our surprise didn*t want to do anything about it as nobody got hurt. They also refused to check license plate number tracing the car owner so that we could file insurance claim against him. This*s Richardson PD so people in DFW area know.

That sucks. Can't your insurance company trace the plate somehow?

Somehow I missed your first post and didn*t know you got hit-and-run accident weeks ago.

You*re lucky indeed. Wife also involved a hit-and-run accident a while ago. A car slided into my wife*s car in freezing winter and he stopped and checked out the damage. He asked my wife if she got hurt and she said no. He told wife he*s going back to his car getting the insurance card. Instead he simply just sped away. Wife saw the plate number and reported to police. The police by our surprise didn*t want to do anything about it as nobody got hurt. They also refused to check license plate number tracing the car owner so that we could file insurance claim against him. This*s Richardson PD so people in DFW area know.

Lived in Plano for many years ... their PD probably would have pursued the issue ...

Lived in Plano for many years ... their PD probably would have pursued the issue ...
Hard to say. It was a catch-22 situation. Richardson PD didn't respond the call because their policy is they can't dispatch police for a non-injury car accident. Plano PD has the same policy. Then once we gave the license plate number, they said they can't do a trace without an onsite police report! (screwy)

Installed Hitch and wiring harness

picked up a hitch and wiring harness from etrailer last week
Its been too nasty weather wise here until today
Now me needs a small trailer :)

There was a notice on the instrument panel that the fob battery was low so I changed them both out. The originals lasted almost two years. I was glad the car gave me notice before they went completely dead.

Finally had a chance to clean up the car both inside and out over the weekend. The inside was NASSTAYYY and the outside almost as bad.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
Back