What have you done to your CX-5 today?

www.japanparts.com under mazda aero/body kits. They come unpainted but for additional yu can have them painted. Technically both are two tone. Also on japapnparts you can request items not on there to be added, which is what I did. It's usually cheaper than autostyle too, so if you see something there request it on japanparts if it's not already on that website. Eaxample crystal eey lights are 650+ shipping on autostyle, like 400+ shipping in japanparts.

Just want to add when I got my kit components I contacted the manufacturer directly who put me in touch with a different distributor (not japanparts) and it was substantially (around 30% cheaper)......
The only problem was that the distributor was in Japan and English was a bit of an issue... but once you get past that, all good.... :)

I had these on my 2013 and now I put them on my 2016. I had a 2011 cx7 with the turbo. I ordered a Turbo badge for the 2013 and put it on the rear near the Sky Active. When I traded it in on the 2016, they lifted the hood and asked where is the Turbo. I said its invisible and we all laugh. They said they have to remove it for resale. It did look nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris, what are the bottom (two rows) light are for? Top is brake, but bottom?
Running lights. I mean, in an actual situation of low visibility, other than night is when you would want the rear fog light on, so they come on with the running lights. Since rear fogs aren't required here they threw a reflector in, but if vis is low (not night) what good is that lol.

Lol an employee at a mazda dealership added me on facebook (probably saw me posting on the mazda3revolution or cx5 club page) and asks me ."where did u get ur cx3 i work for mazda and we dont even have them

Corrected, Polished, Jeweled and Sealed the Hood. It got attacked by birds on Monday and I was not quick enough with the rinse off before bird bombs etched the hood. Got most of the etching out (can only see it if you catch it in the right light) ... but I did not want to remove clear coat. Seems to me the paint on the new CX-5 is soft though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Installed the Ultra Racing strut bar a few days ago, and wow it really makes a noticable difference. The front end feels so much more composed and stiff, but in a good way. My commute is a pothole riddled hellhole and now with the strut bar there is significantly less vibration throughout the car.

I recommend getting one. Very quick and easy install. It took less than 10 minutes and requires a 14mm socket. The torque specs for the strut tower nuts is 37-42 ft-lbs. (it can be found in the suspension section of the maintenance manual posted elsewhere on the forum. I torqued mine down to 40.

Also would like to thank Chris_Top_Her for some help he offered. He suggested tightening the rear nut (closest to firewall) hand tight only, because he accidentally stripped the nut/bolt. I however was able to torque it down to 40 ft-lbs without issue.

strutbar1_zpsyxolix5o.jpg

strutbar2_zpsbvau7tp5.jpg

How much does that strut bar cost? And is getting one of those with the adjustable ends worth it or no?

How much does that strut bar cost? And is getting one of those with the adjustable ends worth it or no?

I don't think strut bars have adjustable ends. You do not want a strut bar that has a bolt attaching the bar to the mounting points - you want a solid welded bar. The bolt becomes the weakest point in one of those types, and allows flex...the exact thing you're trying to prevent.

I bought it on ebay from a seller called Victoria-zone. They had it listed for $140 but I offered $130 and they accepted. Free shipping too.

Yea i got my bars from ultraracingmy on ebay and one other store i couldn't remember. Don't get any bar with a hinge. It will allow the. Ar to move with the towers instead of dampen it.

I made a simple addition to my front console storage area on my '16 cx-5 for LED lights. i'm only using one of the two USB ports in the front and i decided to use one of those USB reading lights like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

it's simple enough and i didn't have to go through the trouble of installing an LED strip and wiring it in. here's the before and after (sorry for the orientation lol) :

10qfkpi.jpg

20qfjo.jpg

Thanks for posting!

This is a great cheap simple little gadget. It's excellent also for using it with a laptop.

s7_530268_imageset_05

$9 at Amazon but free shipping over $30.
I bought three from Cabela's for $10 each. Free shipping.
They're great quickie gifts!

Thanks for posting!

This is a great cheap simple little gadget. It's excellent also for using it with a laptop.

s7_530268_imageset_05

Dumb question - I thought the USB ports remain powered even when the car is off. So do you have to manually switch off your LED light strip?

Back