What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I took it to the Mazda dealer so who knows. I'll see if I can get them to recheck it in a few weeks.

An insider's tip- If they give you any hassle about warranties, you can just tell them it doesn't drive/track straight, and/or you steering wheel is slightly crooked. They will recheck it for you and if it has changed that will be your "proof" that it wasn't done correctly.

The dealer, will work on your car for free, after an aftermarket spring it was installed?
I don't know about that.

The dealer, will work on your car for free, after an aftermarket spring it was installed?
I don't know about that.

They aligned it already with the aftermarket springs installed. That's how we did it at the last Ford dealership I worked it, we gave our customers 6 months/6,000 miles. Of course, every place has different rules, but at every shop I have worked at, if a customer complained about the ride or pull, we satisfied the complaint. I do work in the South USA, we may be more relaxed (dunno)?

Last edited:
Winter wheels off, summer wheels on. When cleaning the rims, I found a couple of balancing-weights where missing. Never had that happen to me before. So, back to the balancing machine next season change!

Roof rack finally on.

269829ef569c34acf176b56089b175e0.jpg

Got a file adjusted for the JBR High flow panel filter I picked up. It is the same file used on my SRI, adjusted for the panel filter. I will also stick the stock filter on with the panel filter tune and see the max g/s difference.

I need to do this. Also ordered some cross bars from another member.

First time I have done it, was a little bit of a pain. I'm hoping the update takes care of the occasional rotation of the map we have seen.

Got gas at Chevron, pump didn't stop.. overfilled to the point it spilled over the driver side rear end... Will this affect the tank/engine/CEL? First time it ever happened to me..

Got gas at Chevron, pump didn't stop.. overfilled to the point it spilled over the driver side rear end... Will this affect the tank/engine/CEL? First time it ever happened to me..

If your CEL light is on, then you'd know if got affected. Otherwise, no engine or tank damage should occur. All vehicles I've repaired tanks, pumps, EVAC system had an overflow tube connected to the fill tube to prevent problems. Your paint/body panels, however, can get damaged from the gasoline if not properly cleaned and treated.

If your CEL light is on, then you'd know if got affected. Otherwise, no engine or tank damage should occur. All vehicles I've repaired tanks, pumps, EVAC system had an overflow tube connected to the fill tube to prevent problems. Your paint/body panels, however, can get damaged from the gasoline if not properly cleaned and treated.

No CEL light. Peace of mind after hearing it shouldn't damage the engine/tank. Paint, I got it cleaned off with some detailing spray when I got home.

Installed summer tires. Forgot how much smoother the ride is. Bring on the Sunshine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave it a good post winter bath, used the tire & wheel cleaner on the 3DMaxPider floor mats, seemed to clean them up nicely.

Yesterday took to dealer for 15,000 service and to have the bluetooth module replaced, hopefully that fixed the starting from first track problem.

Today was wash day, clayed and waxed ready for some nice weather I hope.

YV4tX17R

Finished claybar and waxing

Along with nicer weather...

Finished claybar and waxing .

Attachments

• DSC_0214.JPG
    DSC_0214.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC_0215.JPG
    DSC_0215.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Finally I have lowered my car. It took me three hours. Did not rush.
The ride, is soft and where are imperfections on the street, like waviness, the car tends to follow very well and it became bouncier then before, but I like it.
In my opinion, I'm at a height of a regular sedan.
Did not install the lateral link at this time, but soon.
I'm starting to move, so that becomes priority.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150411_155835 - Copy.jpg
    20150411_155835 - Copy.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 1,016
Finally I have lowered my car. It took me three hours. Did not rush.
The ride, is soft and where are imperfections on the street, like waviness, the car tends to follow very well and it became bouncier then before, but I like it.
In my opinion, I'm at a height of a regular sedan.
Did not install the lateral link at this time, but soon.
I'm starting to move, so that becomes priority.
I like it! Hogy szp!

Back