What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed my RB muffler, and changed the oil/filter. Little tip for anyone who does their own maintenance and will be removing the engine cover, spray the rubber grommets and bushings with some silicone or other lubricant. This will make it easier to remove the cover, and keep you from breaking the posts as it gets older (experience with motorcycle side covers). Shouldn't have to do it every time, just take note of how hard it pulls off.

Cool, I vaguely remember one guy having the tester RB muffler a long time ago but no one with it after that.

Installed China door sill plate that I got off ebay. They fit great and came in about 3 weeks.

cleaned my air filter and the shroud for it. went to move m car and forgot the intake wasn't on and almost sucked a walmart bag I had over it into the motor lol (it was tied around the intake but the inside of the bag got sucked it and caught the maf).

Installed my RB muffler, and changed the oil/filter. Little tip for anyone who does their own maintenance and will be removing the engine cover, spray the rubber grommets and bushings with some silicone or other lubricant. This will make it easier to remove the cover, and keep you from breaking the posts as it gets older (experience with motorcycle side covers). Shouldn't have to do it every time, just take note of how hard it pulls off.

Any video of the new exhaust?

Any video of the new exhaust?

No. I want to wait until it has some miles on it, it's a little weird sounding right now.

Went back to the dealer today and swapped the front bumper cover for one without license plate holes in it. While I had it off I routed my horn wires better and zip-tied them out of the way. I also picked up the cargo tray and mud guards I had them order.

Do you mean bend down and up and under the dash was a pain in the ass, or actual penetration through the wall? I thought the bending down was the pain. I used to do it as a profession, but now that I only do it on my car, my body feels it... CRACK, CRACK (lol2). Looks clean though, where did you mount the amp?

Everything was so compact poking through was just tough.

Amp is mounted under the driverside seat so that I could easily remove the sub if extra cargo space is needed.

Hello guys, just want to share my latest upgrade to my metallic silver CX5 GT....front & rear diffuser and I also plastidip my side mirrors and door handle. I also plan on plastidipping gun metal the OEM rims. I did a photoshop of how it would look like.

2wn32hy.jpg

Rear Diffuser
96dbiu.jpg

PlastiDip Side Mirror & Door Handle
2cr9an9.jpg

Original shot
2450g1z.jpg

Photoshop only, my gun metal OEM rim, what do you guys think?
r8a640.jpg

Leave the wheels alone! There's a "continuity" created by the front/rear diffusers and the wheels that you will loose if you color the wheels.

Your wheels will not have that same shine with PD, so keep that in mind. That finish in your rendering looks more like the color of the Mazda 6 wheels, which I really like. A lot more nickel luster than the standard silver.

Cargo liner showed up this morning so put that in and installed the front/rear mud guards. Barely got those done when it started raining.

Not quite 1/2 price after shipping, but I just ordered from the link below. Note that a pull-down EMS shipping option is available for only $4 more (to the U.S.), if you don't want to wait the 15-20 days for the slow boat.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Mazda-CX-5-2013-2014-UP-Aluminium-Alloy-Front-Rear-Bumper-Protector-new/1702548335.html

I agree with the earlier post. Mine's silver, not sure how they'd match other colors. Most of my best fishing ponds are down long two-track trails with a lot of overgrown weeds between the tracks. Hopefully these will help protect the front plastic from all the scuffs I've been getting.

Last edited:
That's much more reasonable. I'm curious to see how it will look once installed. I suppose you could always paint it to match the black plastic as well.

That's much more reasonable. I'm curious to see how it will look once installed. I suppose you could always paint it to match the black plastic as well.

I'd thought of that. Since they're metal I suppose you could alternately powder coat for extra durability.

Back