What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Changed wheels from black 19" summer Toyo to winter 17" Platinum . Car is much softer with 225-65-17

Attachments

• viber_image_2021-11-06_11-14-29-866.jpg
    viber_image_2021-11-06_11-14-29-866.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 134
  • viber_image_2021-11-06_11-02-00-841.jpg
    viber_image_2021-11-06_11-02-00-841.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 130
  • viber_image_2021-11-06_11-02-00-716.jpg
    viber_image_2021-11-06_11-02-00-716.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 135
  • viber_image_2021-11-06_11-14-29-967.jpg
    viber_image_2021-11-06_11-14-29-967.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 137
Changed wheels from black 19" summer Toyo to winter 17" Platinum . Car is much softer with 225-65-17
I had similar results downgrading from 19” summer to 17” winter tires. Softer ride and lighter steering. Makes me want to downsize the summer as well.

I had similar results downgrading from 19” summer to 17” winter tires. Softer ride and lighter steering. Makes me want to downsize the summer as well.
Yes you are right also the consumption show me 0.5 Liter smaller then on 19" wheels, on 19" is 8.0 L/100km, on 17" is 7.5l /100km, but the look on 19" wheels worth it :)

Just bought a 2019 Signature w/13,300 miles from CarMax. It had fresh oil, suspected it may have wrong oil filter. Sure enough it had a CarQuest brand filter on it, not that it's not a good filter but not for this 2.5L Turbo. Replaced with Mazda 1WPY14-302, the most ($11.63 w/tax) I've ever paid for a screw-on filter. Ordered 12 of these online for $85 shipping included.

Just bought a 2019 Signature w/13,300 miles from CarMax. It had fresh oil, suspected it may have wrong oil filter. Sure enough it had a CarQuest brand filter on it, not that it's not a good filter but not for this 2.5L Turbo. Replaced with Mazda 1WPY14-302, the most ($11.63 w/tax) I've ever paid for a screw-on filter. Ordered 12 of these online for $85 shipping included.
If I were you, I'd also change the oil with 5W-30 full synthetic GF-6 oil while changing the oil filter as very likely the wrong viscosity or conventional oil is in there even though it's fresh.

If I were you, I'd also change the oil with 5W-30 full synthetic GF-6 oil while changing the oil filter as very likely the wrong viscosity or conventional oil is in there even though it's fresh.

You bet, of course I replaced OIL as well. I have 9 jugs of Kirkland Full Synthetic D1G2 5W-30 in my stash. You never know what they used, more than likely dino oil.

On the Mazda 1WPY14-302 oil filter, the gasket had grease already applied, no need to get my finger dirty to lubricate it.

20211108_124501.jpg

Oh, filled 5.3 qts of oil to get it just shy of max line, but I'll have to watch the level. I don't have perfectly flat space, everywhere around here is sloped somewhat.

You bet, of course I replaced OIL as well. I have 9 jugs of Kirkland Full Synthetic D1G2 5W-30 in my stash. You never know what they used, more than likely dino oil.

On the Mazda 1WPY14-302 oil filter, the gasket had grease already applied, no need to get my finger dirty to lubricate it.

View attachment 304589
The MSRP for 1WPY-14-302 oil filter is $8.50. My Mazda dealer sells parts at the list but many do mark up the price. I hope your Mazda dealer gave the drain plug washer to you with no charge?

Yes, those Mazda oil filters are pre-lubed on gasket and sealed with wrapper. But this isn't true on cheaper OEM "Value" oil filters.

Oh, filled 5.3 qts of oil to get it just shy of max line, but I'll have to watch the level. I don't have perfectly flat space, everywhere around here is sloped somewhat.
I have to put in ~5.25 quarts to get to the Full mark on my 2.5L although Mazda says it's 4.8 quarts. People here say they need 5.3 ~ 5.5 quarts to get to the Max mark on the 2.5T although Mazda says it's 5.1 quarts.

Yes, the crush washer was packed inside the box. But I used one of my 13mm aluminum washers, which was thicker than OEM, same soft metal. Never had any issue.
OEM on top, Dorman washer is on bottom.

20211108_125129.jpg

Washed her, clay barred, sanded/polished headlights, rewashed with Dawn to remove old wax etc, touched up all the little paint chips I could see. Did some interior cleaning as well. Waiting on the paint to dry before applying wax, will buff it in the morning. Then just have to finish up my interior detailing.

Washed her, clay barred, sanded/polished headlights, rewashed with Dawn to remove old wax etc, touched up all the little paint chips I could see. Did some interior cleaning as well. Waiting on the paint to dry before applying wax, will buff it in the morning. Then just have to finish up my interior detailing.
Don’t think I’ll put any effort doing this to my vehicles anymore, too much work for me ⋯ :whistle:

Don’t think I’ll put any effort doing this to my vehicles anymore, too much work for me ⋯ :whistle:
It's kind of a Zen thing for me. Would be easier if my wife kept things cleaner when I'm gone, but I love having a clean vehicle.

Yeah, too much work for me either . . . but waxing got much easier with technology. I used to use Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax - just spray and wash, liked it very much. Then I used Turtle Wax's ICE Spray Wax, a bit more work but the result is 10 times better, not hard at all. I had total shoulder replacement (right side) surgery done last year, almost everything is too much work, but this wax is really no sweat. You should try this.

I'm the same way. When I was a younger man I enjoyed all the effort involved in detailing my cars. Don't get me wrong, I still wash and wax 'em and I keep the interior looking new but taking all day+ to do it is in the past for me. With 4 vehicles plus a motorcycle it just eats up too much of my loafing time.

Buffed the wax first thing this morning, then dove into the interior. Cleaned everything, conditioned the leather and treated the vinyl. Finished up by treating all the exterior plastics and tires. Looks much better.

My first experience with DT was with a company van when they fixed a flat for no charge (I didn't know they did that). Since then I have bought 4 sets of tires from them. Hate Costco, even with an appointment it's 2+ hours. With DT, make an appointment and I'm in and out id 25 minutes last time. - DT rocks

I've been buying tires from DT for 30 years, always been a great experience. Great prices and service. One store was even able to get us shaved and heat cycled Kuhmos for the track, they would run them thru a out-of-state company for preparation at a rediculously low price. Of course I had to buy a new set once or twice a season.

Back