What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Sold my CX5 to Carvana.
I'm saying good by guys/girls.
In the next few days, I'm getting a 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Base w/wireless charger. Nothing fancy.
Red exterior w/black interior for $33k +TTL.

Sorry to see you go. I hope you have a better experience with your Stelvio.

They have gave me $12550 with 74600 miles. Touring FWD, with no package.
A few days earlier without signing in, they offered me $13056, next day has dropped to $12770 and then I have opened an account to keep that offer.
Next day I made the mistake to check the value again, then the previous 12770 has dropped to 12550.
I guess, it is not a goo idea to check the value, when you are signed in.
The process is super easy.
You answer a few questions about the car and they offer you a price.
If you accept it, you can setup an appointment, when they would pick up the car.
A girl showed up in a Ford Fusion. She handed me the check, I have signed a few documents and I was done. She verified the odometer, parked the car on the street, also installed a key box on the window.
An hour later, a tow truck showed up, and took my SUV.
Thanks for the info of selling the car to Carvana.

My rear tires needed replaced also. Front lower control arm ball joints and both tie rod end rubber boots were all open(cracked all around. I would suggest that, you guys should check those out on your SUVs. Rear(middle) motor mount was worn out as well, I have replaced it a few months ago.
Pull the ebrake and push the gas pedal a bit. Look at the engine, how much it moves. Mine moved a lot. I'm in LA, so maybe the hot weather affected the rubber bushings/boots much more, than in other parts of the country.
I was surprised to hear those rubber boots in suspension would be degraded like that in nice LA weather on your 2014 CX-5 Touring FWD with only 74,600 miles. So as the failing rear-middle engine mount. Definitely shouldn’t happen for your model year and mileage.

I don't the the Alfa yet, need to wait for the check to clear. But we have agreed on the price already. Hopefully will go smoothly. If it won't, then I may go with the Carbon edition Turbo AWD.
I'm sorry to leave this forum, since I have been here for 6 1/2 years. This forum is a nice place, with friendly people ready to help.
The Alfa forum is very slow, not to many participants, not to many mods are done n these cars. Some things like paddle shifters are very expensive(~$600), needs a programmer/software/different adapters, wheels are hard to buy nice once, since the bolt pattern is a weird one, 5x110.
But it's quite a fast vehicle, 5.5 sec to 60. Handles very well, probably the best handling SUV.
On paper, Alfa Romeo Stelvio is a nice looking sport CUV which has 280 hp 2.0T I4 and 8-speed automatic transmission. Its 0 - 60 is 5.5 ~ 5.7 seconds, but with good MPG 24/22/28 combined/city/highway.

I always believe Mazda should put a 2.0T to the CX-5. Everybody adds the turbo to a 2.0L, but Mazda adds the turbo to a 2.5L, which is simply too big of the displacement for a turbo I4. This’s another example that Mazda is trying too hard to be different from everybody else.

I'm wondering, what is going on with Chris? I haven't seen him on the forum lately.
Yeah Chris_Top_Her hasn’t been posting here for almost a year now, although his account says he has been ”banned” for quite a while.

In fact, most active posters, including you, at the time I joined the forum in early 2015 are gone from the forum.

Yeah Chris_Top_Her hasn’t been posting here for almost a year now, although his account says he has been ”banned” for quite a while.

In fact, most active posters, including you, at the time I joined the forum in early 2015 are gone from the forum.
huh? Christ last posted in the CX5 forum last month according to his profile, and it also says "last seen" earlier today.

huh? Christ last posted in the CX5 forum last month according to his profile, and it also says "last seen" earlier today.
Yes, you’re right. I didn’t do the proper sort while listing Chris’ posts. But it just seems he haven’t been posting anything for a while.

Side note... @Chris_Top_Her changed his title/status to “Banned” I’m assuming for laughs...He is not banned but has been less active recently.

As for previously active posters, some reasons may be naturally occurring, such as the model generation they own is no longer new and exciting to them and this causes a reduction in interest over time (or they simply no longer own a Mazda)...Plus the conversation tends to center around newer model generations.

Despite these changes and challenges, we’re always doing what we can to encourage lots of activity so that this Community is fun, friendly and informative...Day after day, month after month and year after year.

Now back to the topic, thanks! :)

I was surprised to hear those rubber boots in suspension would be degraded like that in nice LA weather on your 2014 CX-5 Touring FWD with only 74,600 miles. So as the failing rear-middle engine mount. Definitely shouldn’t happen for your model year and mileage.

Definitely shouldn't happen, but if I remember right, tibi was on modified suspension.

Definitely shouldn't happen, but if I remember right, tibi was on modified suspension.
The degrading on rubber boots themselves has nothing to do with suspension mods. It has everything to do with material used (quality and reliability issue). Not to mention the early failure on engine mount which has nothing to do with suspension mods.

The degrading on rubber boots themselves has nothing to do with suspension mods. It has everything to do with material used (quality and reliability issue). Not to mention the early failure on engine mount which has nothing to do with suspension mods.

Check your PMs.

A tire mechanic told me, that Mazdas and Kias suffer from rubber bushing issues, meaning they don't last long.
I have never seen this type of failure, so early in the car's life.

I know that I'm taking a big chance on this Alfa(quality wise), but I can't stop. I have to have it.
It seems like, most of the issues are coming from a weak Varta battery.

A reminder, on how it looked my SUV:
20151105_082531.jpg
20151109_164238.jpg
20160809_072044.jpg

I know that I'm taking a big chance on this Alfa(quality wise), but I can't stop. I have to have it.
It seems like, most of the issues are coming from a weak Varta battery.
Sometimes you want to do something with your intuition without hesitation. There’s nothing wrong getting an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I’ve been wanting an Alfa for a long time, but common sense has always stopped me. Alfa Romeo Stelvio will be a great CUV for you to enjoy, as long as you don’t plan to keep it forever. Please report us back about your driving experience on your new Alfa.

Varta battery is big in Europe like Panasonic battery in Japan. But weak battery is not a major issue and can be replaced easily.

Alfa owners are replacing them with AGM batteries, and the issues stop.
My CX5 battery lasted 2 years. In over 6 years, I was on my third battery(!)
There are definitely more complaints on their forum than here, but a lot of owners are saying, that what CR and other sites are saying, it's not true.

I just recently installed the 3rd battery in our 2014, under warranty since the last one (Interstate from Costco) went less than the 3.5 year warranty. The OEM battery lasted right at 5 years (Jan 2013 build date, replaced in January 2018).

No problems that I've seen with the ball joint boots, tie rod boots or engine mounts on ours so far, at 114K miles.

I will be selling the Corksport springs, adjustable lateral links (custom made, probably the only one in the world, that it was done this way, and not camber arms) and camber bolts.

I will be selling the Corksport springs, adjustable lateral links (custom made, probably the only one in the world, that it was done this way, and not camber arms) and camber bolts.
Side note... @tibimakai please note if you wish to sell them here, to do so in our For Sale Forum and check the Marketplace Rules...

Thanks!

Thanks Antoine. Yes, I know about the rules, I just wanted people to be aware what I'm about to do.
Not everybody looks at that part of the forum.

Back