What did you pay for your CX-9?

Just to say. 0% financing is not always free money. Both times i bought a mazda the cash discount with a higher interest loan came up cheaper than the 0% loan without cash discount. Also dealers often get kick back on financing outside of the 0%, so they can negotiate a better deal when taking the cash discount and setting up financing at let say 4%. Compare the two and do the math to see what works best for you, but don’t be fooled in blindly accepting the 0% financing.
Agree completely. It's a calculation to determine what the better offer is and I'll make final decision based on rates/final price offered. I assume 0% will be favorable but we'll see. If we had the $3k Mazda incentive like the southern states do right now, it would be even closer.

I was told by two different dealers GT production was done for now with perhaps some coming later this year. Same dealers said they weren't sure on Touring Plus.
Ahhh. Would get a carbon ed but it doesn't have the 360 cam or the heads up display my current GT has. The 360 cams are a big sacrifice. The Nav can be had easily.

I was told by two different dealers GT production was done for now with perhaps some coming later this year. Same dealers said they weren't sure on Touring Plus.
I think it is all done now, just whatever is remaining in the shipping pipeline.

The factory is now building CX-90 units in volume.

Straight discount. Dallas and Houston, generally the smaller dealers.
What! That's crazy if it is straight legit discount that does not have fine print stating that it includes customer cash or military or conquest etc. or that they then add all sorts of protection packages that are "mandatory"

Here is an example, before the additional $1k Mazda discount this week. They had quite a few weeks ago, but only one left now.

Checked and in the fine print under the $6k dealer discount disclaimer, it says it is off " list price" and includes the mazda customer cash so just a $4k straight discount which is basically 10 percent off msrp before incentives. In the fine print it also says "New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives. Tax, Title and Tags not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser." For what it's worth.

Checked and in the fine print under the $6k dealer discount disclaimer, it says it is off " list price" and includes the mazda customer cash so just a $4k straight discount which is basically 10 percent off msrp before incentives. In the fine print it also says "New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives. Tax, Title and Tags not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser." For what it's worth.
That’s $6k off MRSP, and the Mazda portion should go up to $3k this week for a total of $7k off. And doc fees are only $150 in Texas. Mazda Loyalty should give another $500. No add ons at TownNorth, I’ve bought there before.

But my real dilemma is whether to go for a CX-9 now or wait for the more fuel efficient and otherwise improved CX-90. It’s about a $10-12k difference, which is very inticing.

CX-9 discounts are now approaching $7k at several of my local dealers.

Very tempting to buy versus waiting for CX-90.
I'd highly recommend test driving a CX-90. The wife and I did this past weekend because she was in love with it from the advertisements and she's more than due for an upgrade. Overall the hype machine didn't deliver from our standpoint. We drove the CX-9 Touring Plus and CX-90 Premium Plus back to back and then the Acura MDX. Definitely more room on the CX-90 but we only have one son so the 3rd row is just a nice to have. With incentives, dealer discounts and taxes factored in...similar model CX-90 was about $15k+ more. Just couldn't justify that for the bigger motor and panoramic sunroof so she decided to focus on the CX-9.

CX-90 did drive extremely well and the interior was great. We just personally didn't see the value for $15k.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on used pricing these days? I'm weighing the added costs of a Mazda CPO versus a discounted vehicle without a warranty, then adding one at the time of purchase. Does Mazda offer a warranty on vehicles that don't otherwise record CPO?

What do you think the reasonable range is for CPO 2021-23 CX-9 Signature trim?

What are your thoughts on used pricing these days? I'm weighing the added costs of a Mazda CPO versus a discounted vehicle without a warranty, then adding one at the time of purchase. Does Mazda offer a warranty on vehicles that don't otherwise record CPO?

I spent a few months searching for a 2021 or newer CX9 and ended up paying 27k OTD for a 2021 CPO CX9 Touring with Premium Package at 35k mileage. In my opinion, a 2021 CPO CX9 Signature shouldn't be valued at more than 30k OTD.

If you consider getting a Mazda factory warranty on a used car, Mazda’s CPO warranty is the best and the only one available from Mazda. The Mazda CPO warranty offers additional 12 months or 12,000 miles bumper-to-bumper warranty after the 3-year / 36,000-mile new vehicle warranty is over. And CPO powertrain warranty covers up to 7 years / 100,000 miles. There’re 3 more great benefits on Mazda’s CPO warranty. Firstly the Mazda’s CPO warranty is transferable which definitely will add resale value if you sell the car early. Secondly, not like new Mazda vehicles, emergency roadside assistance is valid for as long as 7-year/100,000-mile CPO powertrain warranty. Thirdly, CPO cars come with a full AutoCheck® vehicle history report and 3-year Buyback Protection from Experian.

Further, you really want to avoid 2016 ~ 2020 CX-9’s because of the possible cracked cylinder head problem and Mazda claimed they had modified the cylinder head and exhaust manifold gasket to fight against the problem since 2021 MY.

Then avoid the 2021 CX-9 due to a batch of inferior valve stem seals been introduced into the engine assembly line which would cause oil consumption issue.

Mazda has issues several TSBs for both problems on the 2.5T used by the CX-9 and other Mazda models.

New guy here, picked up a 21 Touring AWD w/ Premium and 25k miles for $27 OTD.

MA/NH border.

Back