What did you pay for your CX-5?

I'd expect deals on 16.5s to get better not worse in coming weeks/months. I may take a stab at one..got a ~9% deal about a month ago before incentives so figure if that grows to 15% or so ttl disc. with incentives on an awd gt it'll be pretty tough to resist

Got an offer in at 15% for 16.5 awd GT with Tech. If they take it, they sell the car this week, and right before the end of the month. If they don't, good luck with the sale and I expect to hear back to take the deal in a couple weeks...

Not interested in a 2017, but using it and the 17 rogue which they're offering 15%+ diskies on as leverage to get the 16.5 will suffice, hopefully...

What a day of car buying!

Decided to go with the 2016.5 Base Touring for $24,500 out the door. After what seemed like two hours of forms and chit chat, we finally get to financing.

They wanted 10%! The car is in my wife's name and it is her first large loan, but 10% is insanity. After a big commotion and saying that I'll buy the car in my name to be approved for the 0% financing, the dealer asks if 5% would be acceptable. WHAT? Didn't know the dealer was the bank.....

Anyways, I stuck to my guns and finally he comes back with zero percent financing.

OTD Price $25,650. We chose the 0% financing over the $1000 cash back, which in the end saved us $1,300.

Anyone have any experience with a 0% loan from Mazda? I kept asking about fee's such as those listed on the mazda website 60 MONTHS AT $16.67 PER MONTH PER $1,000 FINANCED WITH $0 DOWN AT PARTICIPATING DEALER. They said these fee's don't exist and I could not find any on the loan contract. But i'm still going to call the bank and check.

All in all, we got the price we wanted and we are happy. Glad to be in the Mazda club!

I got the 0%, but had to take a hit on the price. But it still saved me a bunch, I really didn't want to go elsewhere for the loan, and my very specific demands (Touring w/Tech) resulted in limited purchasing options. There were only three Touring/Tech cars in a 50-mile radius (out of many hundreds of cars).

But forget all that - congrats on your purchase!

There are no fees on the 0%. None. It's a good deal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What a day of car buying!
Decided to go with the 2016.5 Base Touring for $24,500 out the door. After what seemed like two hours of forms and chit chat, we finally get to financing.

OTD Price $25,650. We chose the 0% financing over the $1000 cash back, which in the end saved us $1,300.
Good choice getting a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring for much lower price than a 2017 CX-5! What is the final price before the TT&L?

If you could come to Dallas area you can have additional $500 DFW Auto Show Customer Bonus Cash!

And if you could find better interest rate from other sources such as credit union, you can accept dealer's high-interest car loan but pay it off as soon as you get another low-interest loan, thus you have lower selling price and low interest rate. I believe Kaps did this way for his purchase? I simply just paid the car loan off after 3 payments (so that dealer can get credit)! :)

Good choice getting a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring for much lower price than a 2017 CX-5! What is the final price before the TT&L?

If you could come to Dallas area you can have additional $500 DFW Auto Show Customer Bonus Cash!

And if you could find better interest rate from other sources such as credit union, you can accept dealer's high-interest car loan but pay it off as soon as you get another low-interest loan, thus you have lower selling price and low interest rate. I believe Kaps did this way for his purchase? I simply just paid the car loan off after 3 payments (so that dealer can get credit)! :)

Is the auto show customer bonus cash retroactive? We already bought the car today. The auto show is coming to Houston April 4th.

Is the auto show customer bonus cash retroactive? We already bought the car today. The auto show is coming to Houston April 4th.
Don't think it can be retroactive but it won't hurt to ask your dealer ⋯

Is it better to take their higher-interest loans initially and then use your credit union afterwards to get a lower sticker, or will you (in theory, anyway) get a better price by bringing in your own financing? What combo gets you out the door, with the best initial bottom line?

Got an offer in at 15% for 16.5 awd GT with Tech. If they take it, they sell the car this week, and right before the end of the month. If they don't, good luck with the sale and I expect to hear back to take the deal in a couple weeks...

Not interested in a 2017, but using it and the 17 rogue which they're offering 15%+ diskies on as leverage to get the 16.5 will suffice, hopefully...

Does your 15% offer include the $1000 customer cash incentive, or are you asking them to knock 15 off before that's subtracted?

Does your 15% offer include the $1000 customer cash incentive, or are you asking them to knock 15 off before that's subtracted?

So far, it's with the cash, although they should do it without. :) I am fortunate enough to save $1k+ than most buyers as I live in a state with a max sales tax of $300, though. I'm back to square one for now though it seems. I'm ready to take to the air and break her in on the road trip back this week if they wanna clear the lot for the newbies. Wish us luck...

Saw that too...
ricehoot took 0% financing instead of $1,000 cash bonus from Mazda. You can only take one of the two offers, but not both! There're 6.5% sales tax and other fees involved too hence additional $150.

Decided to go with the 2016.5 Base Touring for $24,500 out the door.
After what seemed like two hours of forms and chit chat, we finally get to financing.

ricehoot took 0% financing instead of $1,000 cash bonus from Mazda. You can only take one of the two offers, but not both! There're 6.5% sales tax and other fees involved too hence additional $150.

So what's the % he got off because it doesn't seem like a great deal to me. I mean if he would've gotten the extra $1k off, maybe, but with the current circumstances and the volume I see on the lots, it seems there's room to push for that. Guess I will find out a little more today...

So what's the % he got off because it doesn't seem like a great deal to me. I mean if he would've gotten the extra $1k off, maybe, but with the current circumstances and the volume I see on the lots, it seems there's room to push for that. Guess I will find out a little more today...

Looks like he got a 6%ish discount. Not even worth mentioning. Hope they're prepared to get stuck with a lot of inventory...

ricehoot has finance background and he calculated the best interest rate they could get without Mazda's 0% financing would cost them $1,300 more even with further $1,000 price cut from Mazda's cash bonus.

Wish my finance background would help me value the two!

I don't have a finance background and I figured that out too when I was shopping. LOL I got it now, just wasn't totally clear the way it was worded.
When I was talking to Jeep they were offering $4,000(!!!) cash back. At 4.9% interest... woah. So, that $4,000 if you make minimum payments REALLY comes down to about... $1,300.

ANYway... Welcome to the club Ricehoot!

Back