What did you pay for your CX-5?

Your OTD seems like a good deal imo. Did you have a trade-in or equity in a leased turn-in?
We're pIcking up same trim & color this week, but turning in leased '20 GTR (under 12k mi).

The equity in our leased '20 GTR, plus another $1500 in "rewards" ($4106) is being applied to sticker price ( $39195 which includes dest fee & $1075 in options - Rhodium color, black lug nuts & wheel locks & retractable cargo cover.

The paper I was given yesterday only shows new monthly payment and $4106 in allowances off sticker price. No other numbers other than window etching ( $190) which I assume is required on leased cars.

So won't know the final OTD cost until credit approval (will be no issue) & taxes & whatever else they add on until signing at pick up.

We initially went in to see what deal they'd offer as were thinking about buying out the lease & keeping the '20 - until we learned our VIN in on a TSB for possible oil leak due to crack head!

It became a no-brainer when equity allowance & rewards kept our lease payment almost the same. We were expecting the lease to soar as our friends have been having that happen to them.
no trade-in and was not a lease. we had a paid off 2016 CRV touring that was totaled when a woman in a large SUV ran a stop sign on a 55 mph road.

Unless you have a business and are writing off a vehicle, or if you want to change vehicles every couple of years because you get bored and don't care financially, then that is the only time you should lease. Personal leases are a terrible idea and you are left with nothing at the end if you return them.You are essentially renting the vehicle for the term. The situation that happened in 2021 into 22 where people were buying their leases out and flipping the cars for huge profits due to the vehicle shortages is a thing of the past.

@ Lynn, you need to be very careful here with the dealer and what they are doing for themselves and what you "think" they are doing for you. They do NOT have your interests and are not your friend. They can and absolutely will take advantage of you and others with whatever they can and hope you don't catch it before signing. Just an example that etch fee is absolute bogus and you do not need it for a leased vehicle. It is purely profit for them in addition to any other add ons or fees that have not told you upfront. They didn't even show you the itemized costs on paper? Omg they see you as prey. That is not how you do business. Additionally, every transaction needs to be kept seperate, not lumped together. You negotiate the price of the car seperately from any trade ins, lease buyouts, financing etc. ALL SEPERATE TRANSACTIONS.

Dealerships NEVER EVER do what is beneficial to you. They are only looking to make the most profit they can from you and any sucker walking in for their next victim. It is up to you to be on your game and diligent. Good luck though.

Last edited:
no trade-in and was not a lease. we had a paid off 2016 CRV touring that was totaled when a woman in a large SUV ran a stop sign on a 55 mph ro
Unless you have a business and are writing off a vehicle, or if you want to change vehicles every couple of years because you get bored and don't care financially, then that is the only time you should lease. Personal leases are a terrible idea and you are left with nothing at the end if you return them.You are essentially renting the vehicle for the term. The situation that happened in 2021 into 22 where people were buying their leases out and flipping the cars for huge profits due to the vehicle shortages is a thing of the past.

@ Lynn, you need to be very careful here with the dealer and what they are doing for themselves and what you "think" they are doing for you. They do NOT have your interests and are not your friend. They can and absolutely will take advantage of you and others with whatever they can and hope you don't catch it before signing. Just an example that etch fee is absolute bogus and you do not need it for a leased vehicle. It is purely profit for them in addition to any other add ons or fees that have not told you upfront. They didn't even show you the itemized costs on paper? Omg they see you as prey. That is not how you do business. Additionally, every transaction needs to be kept seperate, not lumped together. You negotiate the price of the car seperately from any trade ins, lease buyouts, financing etc. ALL SEPERATE TRANSACTIONS.

Dealerships NEVER EVER do what is beneficial to you. They are only looking to make the most profit they can from you and any sucker walking in for their next victim. It is up to you to be on your game and diligent. Good luck though.
Tks! Appreciate your thoughts and fully get it! We're repeat customers.This is our 3rd leased CX5 since 2017. We prefer leasing & our business pays. In this day of constant recalls, I'd rather not buy out a leased car (the one we're turning is on the latest tsb for the CX5) We like getting a new one every 3 yrs. I'm good with it as long as it's less than window sticker; many dealers not coming down from sticker these days. And some leases have doubled.

I won't sign final paperwork if it includes anything I don't want, but the final consideration was the monthly lease - as long as the monthly cost doesn't go up more than $20, we're good. (Last time, monthly lease went down $30) But yes, I always refuse all extra incitements. That "etching fee" is probably not in the deal & I never looked at the paper until today or I would have questioned itl. The salesman (owner/ mgr) wrote details of our deal on a "used car" form (and crossed out "used", wrote in "new". This is was for us not final paperwork. Signing will happen Wed at pick-up. We don't feel we're being cheated. Yes, he's making a lot on our trade in, but we are paying below sticker & getting a new, same model CX5. ( and if not a dealer requirement, there will be no dealer etching!). Tks!

2023 CX5 Turbo Soul Red - $39k MSRP, $1550 Discount = $37,450 (4% off MSRP)
Plus $175 Doc Fee (New York)
Plus tax
Plus Dmv/State/Etc fees at near cost.

Last edited:
After down payment I got an '18 Sport with only 31K miles on it for $14,190. Monthly: $284.84 with 4-year extended warranty just in case. First time Mazda owner so hopefully this one will last a lot longer than my '17 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk did. I bought the Jeep in Nov. '21 and got rear-ended in Jan. '23 in the snow by someone who paying more attention to the toy in their hand than the downhill road conditions. Repairs to the Jeep were estimated to be $17K. Allstate decided to total it instead since frame was bent on rear driver's side. They paid it off and gave me the balance which I partially used for the down payment on the Mazda. So far am liking this little rocket I've named Speedracer. We'll see how long it takes till someone decides to hit this one. Only my 3rd accident which was not my fault as were the other two also. Next will be tinted windows to complete the black look.

20230317_105153.jpg

Hey Guys - Brand New CX-5 Owner (Got the .9 apr for 36 month deal)

2023 White Premium Plus with Black Interior
Paid: $37424 OTD + 350 Broker Fee ($37774) (NJ/NY Area)

In comparison via Dealer Shopping - the best deal i got was a Blue PP for 37347, but then i wouldve had to spend hours in a dealership.

Best dealer price for a White PP w/ Parchment was 37770

Hey Guys - Brand New CX-5 Owner (Got the .9 apr for 36 month deal)

In comparison via Dealer Shopping - the best deal i got was a Blue PP for 37347, but then i wouldve had to spend hours in a dealership.

Best dealer price for a White PP w/ Parchment was 37770
So how much do you think this Broker saved you?

So how much do you think this Broker saved you?
The initial broker price is what started the chain reaction of e-mail negotiations between dealers.

At the end of the day for the Rhodium White the broker came out to the same best price i could get at a dealer. Except i didnt have to spend my day at the dealer, and everything was done via e-mail.

With a family - i think it was a no brainer on my part.

What was the MSRP on Window Sticker?
Did you pay doc fees? NJ Doc Fees are horrendous, like $500, since there is no law. NY Doc fee is recently capped at $175, up from $75.

What was the MSRP on Window Sticker?
Did you pay doc fees? NJ Doc Fees are horrendous, like $500, since there is no law. NY Doc fee is recently capped at $175, up from $75.
MSRP for white PP is 37370
Car was bought in NY - So i assume doc fee was 175 (I dont have the paperwork in front of me)

MSRP for white PP is 37370
Car was bought in NY - So i assume doc fee was 175 (I dont have the paperwork in front of me)

Brokers work better for leases from my experience, unless they can get you more than 5% off MSRP, I would save the broker fee and just go with dealers directly. Broker gets another $100 or so from dealer too, that's another $100 you can definitely push for dealer to reduce when dealing directly, plus $350 you are saving, that's $450.

You went with broker and paid over MSRP? That's 37424 + tax+doc+dmv I suppose?
I don't want to make you feel bad, I think finding the car you want and and enjoying is worth more than few hundred dollars, but if you paid over MSRP, I think you should ask broker to give you a little kick back or reduce the fee, he might have gotten more than $100 from the dealer.

I gotta look it up but MSRP for White PP is 37370.
Brokers work better for leases from my experience, unless they can get you more than 5% off MSRP, I would save the broker fee and just go with dealers directly. Broker gets another $100 or so from dealer too, that's another $100 you can definitely push for dealer to reduce when dealing directly, plus $350 you are saving, that's $450.

You went with broker and paid over MSRP? That's 37424 + tax+doc+dmv I suppose?
I don't want to make you feel bad, I think finding the car you want and and enjoying is worth more than few hundred dollars, but if you paid over MSRP, I think you should ask broker to give you a little kick back or reduce the fee, he might have gotten more than $100 from the dealer.
My Out the Door cost was 37.7k (inclusive of all fees and taxes)

That's a very good deal if it's including sales tax.
Yep - its my total cost.

I worked with 20 dealers trying to beat the broker price, and no one could give me that price for the car i wanted. White alone is a 500 dollar upcharge (i think along with red?)

Edit:

I just looked up my invoice:

Car: 34593
License and Title: 350
Doc Fee: 175
Total Cash Price: 37421

Last edited:
Hi fellow CX-5 owners... is there a wave or salute or handshake or something I need to learn?

Where I am in Canada the prices are through the roof for these vehicles... averaging around 25-27K+ CAD for a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT with 128,000-160,000km (80,000-100,000 miles)

I scored a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT 2.5L AWD in sonic silver for $18,500 CAD with only 160,000 km (100,000 miles)

Looking forward to 10 more years of low maintenance driving.

7gOyAc0.jpg

AwYAEz4.jpg

kMnk3MJ.jpg

lblzg6B.jpg

Dr9dghK.jpg

iQzvAvY.jpg

4vIBw4q.jpg

VgbUkvW.jpg

9pcEpqt.jpg

Last edited:
Bought this CX-5 yesterday, a ‘22 Signature “Mazda Certified” with 5600 miles…MSRP $41,000, paid $35,148 plus tax and license. The sales manager’s vehicle since delivery last Aug.

Attachments

• F982EB28-D88C-46EA-9E1B-0BB6775F092B.jpeg
    F982EB28-D88C-46EA-9E1B-0BB6775F092B.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 0C321AD7-2CC9-4EB1-ACA1-73A0BA97C969.jpeg
    0C321AD7-2CC9-4EB1-ACA1-73A0BA97C969.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 77
Just took possession yesterday of my White 23' Turbo after my 22' Carbon got totaled on 4/24.
$37,703
Taxes were $3295
Reg was $75 because it was a plate transfer
5.9% for 72 months

Back