What did you pay for your CX-5?

Paid $45K on the nose in 2019 with the top trim, taxes and extended warranty. Because of WFH since March 2020, I only have about 11K miles on it.

Last edited:
Did an end-of-lease cash buy-out on our 2020 CX-5 GTR. Came to $23,800 with tax and dealer fees.

Got a great deal when we leased it, and the low buy-out is icing on the cake. Car is just now hitting 5,000 miles. Was to be my wife's commuter, but she went WFH (remote) right after we leased it. Should last us a while at this rate. LOL

$43,800 OTD for a White 23 Turbo Signature. But, taxes are high here.
Selling price was $39,600 for the car, all weather floor mats, and cargo mat and tray. No fees other than doc, title, and tags, all of which are capped by the state.

For the most part, dealers seem willing to deal.

$2225 under MSRP last weekend for a Red Premium trim. Car had been around for a while with a Mfg date of 1/23. Not sure why as there was nothing unusual about it equipment-wise. But I figure, in this market, I did pretty well. Also got $500 loyalty money and 2.9% financing for 36 months.

$23K, from the original owner in Jan 2023 for our lightly-used 2018 GT FWD.
Odometer showed only 16,898, & all 4 tires were still the native Toyo A36s.

2020 Signature. Loaded. Only thing it doesn't have is remote start. Spotless beyond spotless.
Purchased March 2020 with 19k miles for $30,089

Well if you can't get 17k miles out of a set of tires, something would definitely be amiss. Even OE tires!
Actually, the OEM tires (the Toyo A36's he mentioned) are crap. They have a very low TW rating -300 - and only last around 25-30k in most cases. At 5 yrs of age I would be thinking about swapping them out. Can't wait for mine to wear out so I can get a decent set of tires.

2020 Signature. Loaded. Only thing it doesn't have is remote start. Spotless beyond spotless.
Purchased March 2020 with 19k miles for $30,089

A used 2020 in March of 20 already had 19k miles? That is pretty high. Surprised it was in such great shape. Our '21 has 17,500 after 26mths.

Actually, the OEM tires (the Toyo A36's he mentioned) are crap. They have a very low TW rating -300 - and only last around 25-30k in most cases. At 5 yrs of age I would be thinking about swapping them out. Can't wait for mine to wear out so I can get a decent set of tires.

A used 2020 in March of 20 already had 19k miles? That is pretty high. Surprised it was in such great shape. Our '21 has 17,500 after 26mths.
Probably a rental

Oops. March 2023

2023 CX5 turbo Rhodium white $38720 OTD seemed high but it was the best I could find within 500 miles and it was local. I guess bottom line only one person needs to be happy with the deal and that is my wife :)
Would you mind sharing the listing price and state? And that price seemed high to you!? $38,720 seems like a crazy good deal if that's the actual OTD price

Just struck a deal for a 2022 CX5 Turbo model @MSRP in SF bay area.
I contacted 4-5 dealers. Most wanted MSRP+$1000 for vehicles in transit.
(meaning arriving in 2-4 weeks)
I heard that Signature models are in even higher demand.
Sold out before arrival and asking MSRP +$2-3k.
This one will be our fourth Mazdas.
Picking it up this weekend.
Sure, I will use the loyalty discount ($500) on it.
Which dealership was that?

Would you mind sharing the listing price and state? And that price seemed high to you!? $38,720 seems like a crazy good deal if that's the actual OTD price
missoula montana, Flanagan motors which just sold to Young Mazda. Yes that was actual otd price they sold it otd for what the msrp sticker said ie no add ons or other fees, my check to them was $38,720
IMG_4179.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Canada so remember my price is going to sound a little higher. Ordering a 2024 CX-5 Sport Design Turbo today after having a night to sleep on it. Couldn't bring myself to get a Signature with the horrible brown seats and I could care less above the NAPA leather/extra 360 camera. With all fees/taxes included I am paying 27k on the dot. I got the dealer to agree to give me $25.5k with tax savings on my fully paid off truck so that pretty much cut the cost of the new SUV in half.

Then factor in I got an extra 1% off financing from a loyalty program since my wife has a 2020 CX-3 and I would say I did alright.

I'm in Canada so remember my price is going to sound a little higher. Ordering a 2024 CX-5 Sport Design Turbo today after having a night to sleep on it. Couldn't bring myself to get a Signature with the horrible brown seats and I could care less above the NAPA leather/extra 360 camera. With all fees/taxes included I am paying 27k on the dot. I got the dealer to agree to give me $25.5k with tax savings on my fully paid off truck so that pretty much cut the cost of the new SUV in half.

Then factor in I got an extra 1% off financing from a loyalty program since my wife has a 2020 CX-3 and I would say I did alright.
Glad you think you got an ok deal but the dealer ripped you off big time. You actually paid $52,500 which is absolutely insane, even in Canadian dollars. Enjoy it though

Glad you think you got an ok deal but the dealer ripped you off big time. You actually paid $52,500 which is absolutely insane, even in Canadian dollars. Enjoy it though
13% sales tax where I live. Nothing I can do about it. No extra fees added on above MSRP, etc. A Sport Design Turbo here in Canada is 46k before taxes.

So no, unfortunately I didn't get ripped off, Canadian prices for vehicles are just completely outrageous now.

Comparing to US trims, the Sport Design ($46k CDN to about $34k USD) appears to be in line with the 2.5 Carbon Turbo (minus heated steering wheel), which is $39k USD.

Great to hear that you're happy with the value you got for your trade-in. That can be as good as negotiating the selling price of the car. What was the make, model, year and mileage of your trade-in?

Comparing to US trims, the Sport Design ($46k CDN to about $34k USD) appears to be in line with the 2.5 Carbon Turbo (minus heated steering wheel), which is $39k USD.

Great to hear that you're happy with the value you got for your trade-in. That can be as good as negotiating the selling price of the car. What was the make, model, year and mileage of your trade-in?
Yea, unfortunately there is no haggling over the price of the vehicle itself. My local dealer sells a crap ton of signatures/higher trim levels weekly so they were not willing to even talk about the price of the vehicle since there would be someone next in line willing to pay MSRP.

As for my trade in it is a 2016 Ram 1500 Sport, 4x4, 130,000km. Figured I would take advantage of the equity I have in my truck and put it towards a new vehicle since used truck prices are starting to drop rather quickly where I live as there are so many of them.

Yea, unfortunately there is no haggling over the price of the vehicle itself. My local dealer sells a crap ton of signatures/higher trim levels weekly so they were not willing to even talk about the price of the vehicle since there would be someone next in line willing to pay MSRP.

As for my trade in it is a 2016 Ram 1500 Sport, 4x4, 130,000km. Figured I would take advantage of the equity I have in my truck and put it towards a new vehicle since used truck prices are starting to drop rather quickly where I live as there are so many of them.
Lol, truck prices dropping? NBL. The chevy dealer near me has almost an overflowing lot of $80-$100k vehicles they cannot sell. The local construction company is buying their workers fully loaded quad cabs to help this dealer out (Local construction company has been buying from this dealer for years).

Lol, truck prices dropping? NBL. The chevy dealer near me has almost an overflowing lot of $80-$100k vehicles they cannot sell. The local construction company is buying their workers fully loaded quad cabs to help this dealer out (Local construction company has been buying from this dealer for years).
I said used not new. And where I live, yes it is happening. I follow the market quite religiously. I am well aware that new truck prices are still through the roof and the fact people spend 80-100k for a new 1500 blows my mind lol.

Back