What Color???

Actually it does, in the interior there is enough black " surface areas" to complement the Grey on the dash, the doors, and in the foot wells & cargo area in back, etc, as well as the grey stripe on the seats. I was leary ordering mine till I looked at a CX7 the dealer had on the lot in that combo. I think too that the sand is not as tan/brownish as some may think. (vs my 05 Navigator which has a gold type tan color)

I love forums !! This is exactly why I chose the sand because of the black surfaces that separate the very light sand from the outer paint color....it really works well.

My Choice

I'm going with the Galaxy Gray and sand interior. I finally got to see it live, and I like the "non golden" color of it and the dark carpets. It definitely makes the cabin look bigger/brighter. Now the only problem is that there aren't many out there!

Thanks for everyone's input.

Black Cherry mica it is...
Looks awesome (headbang)

piltmf2.jpg

Working on the Deal

I can get a Galaxy Gray 08 GT sand interior with Nav, Moon/Bose, and remote start for $37083. Invoice is $36,580 according to Edmunds/Consumer Reports. I am asking them to throw in roof rails as well at that price. They are balking, so I am as well for now. I plan on getting an aftermarket 2" hitch for my bike carrier and luggage carrier. No trailer to tow, so no need to get full towing package.

CX9-JW - I assume the Galaxy Gray with sand looks great once you see the whole thing live!

Turns out that none of the Galaxy Grey w/Sand are available (all sold) except for one in Virginia which is "too expensive" to transport (I'm in SW michigan). Came down to Sparkling Black Mica w/ Sand vs. Grey w/Black and I'm going with the Grey w/Black.

The right choice!

4get the black mica, peep the sparkling black. I have been complimented several times about the color. Its black with gold metallic flakes . When the sun beams on it, 4get about it baby! All eyes on u!

My current car has silver leather interior that looks close-ish to the sand color in the CX-9. It does look nice and seems to brighten up the cabin, however it is one heck of a pain to keep clean, especially with the kids. I clean it once a year with leather cleaner and conditioner, but these cleaners don't get out the grime. In fact, only the Magic Eraser restores it to new condition, however I don't like using it too often since it does abrade.

So with that in mind, I ordered the black leather interior with the Galaxy Grey. That way I can be lazy and not have to clean it perfectly to look clean. I'm so lazy...

Back