What color is the Parking brake cable wire and foot brake wire?

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey guys im trying to hook up my DVD player in my car and i want to know what color is the Parking brake wire and foot brake wire? Also do those run right off of the stereo wiring harness? Or do i have to go all the way to my foot brake and parking brake?

I just hooked it up to a toggle switch then to ground. I turn the switch on then off. I put the toggle switch in my glovebox. The head unit is only looking for a break in the ground. I hope this helps.

Brake Wire green/yellow + brake switch

Speed Sense orange or grn/red pin 58 of ECM

you can also use a relay instead of a switch and that way its automatic every time you turn the car on.

I just hooked it up to a toggle switch then to ground. I turn the switch on then off. I put the toggle switch in my glovebox. The head unit is only looking for a break in the ground. I hope this helps.

Ok thanks for letting me know i rather not use a toggle switch but with that worse case scenario i could though. Do both DVD wires get connected to the Toggle switch or does one just get connected to the ground and the other the switch?

you can also use a relay instead of a switch and that way its automatic every time you turn the car on.
Yeah this whole pin 58 thing on the ECM sounds really confusing i wouldn't dare touch anything on the ECU to hook up a DVD player that's definitely not the way to do it

Wire to toggle switch. Then take a wire from the other side of the switch and run to ground. I used the bar behind the glove box.

Yeah this whole pin 58 thing on the ECM sounds really confusing i wouldn't dare touch anything on the ECU to hook up a DVD player that's definitely not the way to do it

you dont need the speed sensor unless you have a GPS in the DVD player, if its just a screen you can wire a toggle to ground like everyone else said. (still Illegal)

What kind of radio is it? Different brands need to see the parking brake/ brake wires triggered in different sequences. Some of them you can just hook up the parking brake wire to ground, some need to see the parking brake on/off/on, then there's alpine.......

Wire to toggle switch. Then take a wire from the other side of the switch and run to ground. I used the bar behind the glove box.
Thanks man but that's the last option ill probably do or i could also use a relay switch and put a Jump wire on the ground of the relay to 86 and 85 and 87 i could connect the remote amp wire to it to i herd that also works if you connect it right

What kind of radio is it? Different brands need to see the parking brake/ brake wires triggered in different sequences. Some of them you can just hook up the parking brake wire to ground, some need to see the parking brake on/off/on, then there's alpine.......
Actually it does have to get hooked up to the Break wire off the foot break and the E-break wire as well has to get hooked up i was on the phone with Support today. Thanks for your help man

So is it an alpine? That's the only company that I am aware of that requires both to be hooked up. If so, there is a bypass for it.

2002 Mazda Protege 5 Brake Wire DVD stereo Hookup ?

When you say Brake Wire green/yellow. do you mean the wire harness connected to the top of the brake pedal ? there is a green wire with yellow lines on that ?

Back