What By pass valve to get?

This sounds stupid guys, but I'm looking for a loud BPV. Dont want to do BOV just yet. Want to keep it recirculated.

Can anyone direct me to some good ideas?

I honestly don't even know where to start. Been searching here and there but no luck.

Probably going to search youtube for some too.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
what do you want loud about it? the turkey?

I know there is one that sounds just like a turkey. I dont want to get THAT annoying.

Im talking just loud. I know the Forge sounds decent, but couldnt find it for the MSP. I used to have an Audi A4 and had the Forge. But wasnt sure if it would be useable on this type. Which BVP will always be a BVP.... duh

Im on a secured pc and cant view much but will look at some clips at home.

I know there is one that sounds just like a turkey. I dont want to get THAT annoying.

Im talking just loud. I know the Forge sounds decent, but couldnt find it for the MSP. I used to have an Audi A4 and had the Forge. But wasnt sure if it would be useable on this type. Which BVP will always be a BVP.... duh

If you're interested in the Forge.

http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/product_info.php?cPath=32_172&products_id=1073

If you're interested in RDV

http://boostsciences.com/reflex.html

Now I understand what you guys meant by Turkey.

I know a while back they actually made a BOV that sounded EXACTLY like a turkey. I believe it was a condom over the BOV... can't remember.

Whats the difference between Forge and RDV?

It sound like the RDV is more towards the "turkey" sound, while the Forge is more of a loud, but not so annoying type.

Am I correct?

The Forge BPV is the same size as the stock BPV and will not fully get rid of the turkey, even if it does flow a little better. In all honesty, sound should be secondary to effectiveness but that usually isn't the case for some people.

the RDV is direct replacement right? and it says its 15% bigger than stock, so if you go bpv only that will eliminate the turkey/compressor surge?

The Boostsciences RDV seems to be the way to go for BPV-only setups in our cars. If you want name-brand, HKS makes a BPV as well.

There's a BPV-only sound clip in the Kill Your Turkey v2 thread here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123711609

I'm not sure which BPV that is, though. But it does sound nice.

The one in the clip is the boostsciences rdv. That is what I have and i love it

The bootsciences sounds good and is recirc. This will get rid of the turkeu

It sound like the RDV is more towards the "turkey" sound, while the Forge is more of a loud, but not so annoying type.

Am I correct?

Sorry but you are not correct, I have the boostsciences and it turkeys for five to ten minutes when the engine and rdv are cold. Or it turkeys a little in very low rpm and low boost combined

the RDV is direct replacement right? and it says its 15% bigger than stock, so if you go bpv only that will eliminate the turkey/compressor surge?

The rdv is not direct replacement. the stock bpv and the forge have inlets and outlets that are 3/8" inner diameter the boostsciences rdv has 1" inner diameter inlets and outlets. To install you need to weld a 1" fitting on the hotpip and relocate and weld a 1" fitting on the air intake tube (either sri or cai) then you need to run a dedicated vac line to it off the brake booster. you do those things you have a fully recirc system that has no stalling, no turkey, and a great sound.

The rdv is not direct replacement. the stock bpv and the forge have inlets and outlets that are 3/8" inner diameter the boostsciences rdv has 1" inner diameter inlets and outlets. To install you need to weld a 1" fitting on the hotpip and relocate and weld a 1" fitting on the air intake tube (either sri or cai) then you need to run a dedicated vac line to it off the brake booster. you do those things you have a fully recirc system that has no stalling, no turkey, and a great sound.

Hmmm. I wonder if the important part is the larger port size or the fact that the valve is piston based. there is a good chance that it isn't a flow issue, we have quite a few people runing the 19 valve on 3rd and 4th gen Supras with out problem... If the important part is the piston we make a 19mm piston valve for the MS Miatas that would eliminate the need to weld new ports that might kill the turkey.

Hmmm. I wonder if the important part is the larger port size or the fact that the valve is piston based. there is a good chance that it isn't a flow issue, we have quite a few people runing the 19 valve on 3rd and 4th gen Supras with out problem... If the important part is the piston we make a 19mm piston valve for the MS Miatas that would eliminate the need to weld new ports that might kill the turkey.

Patty, is this the valve you are talking about?

http://forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=100101&product=FMVMIATA

If so, could you post some pictures of it, if possible? Thanks.

the important part is the port size. you increase the size of the ports and you allow more air to flow. the problem is with the bpv and with the ports on the hotpipe and air intake. the sizes that come stock are too restrictive. by doing 1" you allow the air to flow properly.

the important part is the port size. you increase the size of the ports and you allow more air to flow. the problem is with the bpv and with the ports on the hotpipe and air intake. the sizes that come stock are too restrictive. by doing 1" you allow the air to flow properly.

Are you basing that off of fact or an assumption? 3rd gen Supras, 93-95 Imprezzas, 4th Gen Supras all came with 19mm valves and none suffer from "turkey" neither with the factory valve nor with our upgraded units. I've personally run the OEM 19mm valve on a TT Supra at 22psi and over 400 wheel horsepower so I'm not convinced that 19mm is too small.

There may be something unique with the MSP that going to the larger size corrects but I would be curious to see if it has more to do with running a new reference line or just ditching the diaphragm valve. Or both.

Are you basing that off of fact or an assumption? 3rd gen Supras, 93-95 Imprezzas, 4th Gen Supras all came with 19mm valves and none suffer from "turkey" neither with the factory valve nor with our upgraded units. I've personally run the OEM 19mm valve on a TT Supra at 22psi and over 400 wheel horsepower so I'm not convinced that 19mm is too small.

There may be something unique with the MSP that going to the larger size corrects but I would be curious to see if it has more to do with running a new reference line or just ditching the diaphragm valve. Or both.

I assume 19mm is the size of the stock MSP valve and Forge's direct replacement piece?

Back