What bulb do I need for CX-5 cargo led?

Amital

:
CX-5
Hi,
I bought 31mm festoon led and the bulb light is very very weak.
What bulb do I need?

Thanks.

Not all 29~31 mm SMD Festoon LEDs are the same. I installed this https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) because they use newer and brighter 5730 rectangular-shaped LED chip producing 3 times more light output than round-shaped 5050 LED chip:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Check the archives. A lot of people have damaged the rear lighting control modal changing that bulb. It can be done, but mess up with one quick short and game over.

The 31mm are too big for the bulb connector. Are you sure that I need the 31mm?
No, 31 mm SMD Festoon LEDs will fit. All these cheap interior light LED sets are 31 mm due to the size of these LED chips. The original 8W incandescent bulb is 30 mm. You have to make the bulb spring contacts a little more spread open fou merely 1 mm, but no harm to be made. Too many people had installed these 31 mm LEDs and length has never been a problem.

Check the archives. A lot of people have damaged the rear lighting control modal changing that bulb. It can be done, but mess up with one quick short and game over.
That's no longer an issue for 2016 MY as the luggage compartment light, which has moved to liftgate's back panel, is fused. You can simply remove the fuse and have no worries. I personally feel it's very difficult to short it out from two spring contacts for the bulb unless you intentionally short it with a metal object, or, highly unlikely, the LED you're installing is shorted.

True. The key is to follow the OM instructions with care and it can be done safely.

I don't really know, that's why I'm asking for help.
I have the original one.

Your sig doesn't say which year or model you have. Assuming based on your join date that you have a 2016, I don't know what your original bulb size is, because I have a 2014 (they could be the same?). Page 6-55 of the 2016 OM provides the instructions for replacing the luggage compartment light. Pull yours out to determine what model bulb is used, then search the internet for an led replacement.

My model is 2012.
Car instructions shows how to change the bulb, there is no mention to the bulb type.
Here is a pic of the bulb :

2f4ab3cd11afb545574fea122f76cd5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My model is 2012.
Car instructions shows how to change the bulb, there is no mention to the bulb type.
Here is a pic of the bulb :

2f4ab3cd11afb545574fea122f76cd5d.jpg

looks like 31mm to me . try to make sure you are getting 5050 or 5630 led chip set . if they are not bright enough then your not gona be happy with any of them . if your are using ebay or amazon search 31mm 5050 or search 31mm 6530 . hope this helps .

What are the differences between 5050 and 5630?

5050 at one time was one of the brightest . now that 5630 came out they are a little bit brighter . thats as ez as i can put it for you . hope this helps . :) there might be better out now but i do not know . 5050 is gona be a truer white while some 5630 might look to have a blueish tint . all depends where you get them . i always just use ebay because they are so cheap if you shop around . and if its not what you want there ez enough to just order others .

I never used them before, but all I hear is good things about VLEDS and maybe you should try it out, but pretty expensive compared to others.
http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numb...ed-high-output-dome-light-bulb-29mm-3022.html

Thems the ones I got but in the 6K color. They fit (29mm), are brighter and I can leave the liftgate open longer without fear of an incandescent bulb melting down the plastic parts around it. I basically have this bulb in all my interior lighting, save for the vanity mirrors where I also substituted the appropriate VLEDS LED.

Another vote for VLEDs. I did have one DOA, but the send me a new one right away. Very happy with them.

Latest posts

Back