What are the cons on 2014 cx5 Grand touring AWD?

:
2017 CX5 GS, 2018 X3 xDrive30i, 2019 Tesla Model 3
I have a 2014 cx5 sport. I am considering another CX5 for my wife.
Any reason to consider other vehicles for that price ($32000)?

Thanks in advance.

If you don't like the head unit you will have to give up a great deal of the benefits of the GT to change to an aftermarket head unit - or at least you will have very expensive and limited options for the aftermarket head unit capable of handling the factory settings.

Acura RDX is $34.5K, that is a major con of $32K GT CX-5 in my opinion.

That's I went with touring when upgrading from sport. 25K is much better to swallow. I did want cloth seats and 17 inch wheels.

I just hated to pay 8K extra for gizmos that I did not need/want. YMMV of course.

Acura RDX is $34.5K, that is a major con of $32K GT CX-5 in my opinion.

I looked at the RDX as well. Your comparison way off though. Once you add the same trim level, AWD, navigation, etc to the RDX, then the MSRP hits $40, though it can be had in the $38 to $39 range.

They are also very different vehicles. The Accura has a 3.5L V6, and the mpg in the low 20's. It also has less cargo space. For me these were the major drawbacks that let me toward the Mazda

You should always consider other vehicles at any price. Assuming she wants the bells and whistles and likes how your car drives its still a great choice imo. Waiting for a 15 might be worth it- worst case you get a sweetheart deal on a leftover 14..

Back