What all is needed to complete a turbo installation?

Scorch03

:
1991 Protege DX
I want to turbo charge my 01 portege lx 2.0l automatic, but before i get too committed to everything i want to know what are all the parts needed to complete the turbocharging and roughly what do you think it will cost?

wow. you're asking a really broad question, but here's a quick list of what you're need:

Intake
exhaust manifold
turbo
down-pipe
exhaust
oil lines
cool lines
intercooling
ECU

as far as turboing an auto, it's not really suggested because of the extra strain on the transmission

Read all the stickied threads in this section

It will be roughly over 3 grand to do.
Parts needed:
Stock msp turbo, garret t25r
Either stock msp turbo mani or steedspeed.
Either stock msp s and j pipe, corksport s and j, or any turbo back exhaust.
oil and coolant line to feed and return oil and coolant
stock msp oil cooler kit
gaskets, nuts bolts from mazda
intake of your choice for msp
smic, either msp oem ,custom msp smic or turbohoses
intercooler piping with bpv and bov for dual setup
to run smic you need msp oem radiator,fans and ac condensor with #1 pipe
ems
gauages, vacuum hose and vacuum block
synthetic trans fluid, trans cooler and lentech valvebody at the minimum for trans.
You can pm me or get at me on aim: SIBalla23
to talk more about what is needed. In the process of getting it done to my car right now.

i know it was really broad but to be honest at this point im still scheming and planning the whole thing so was just wondering what exactly i would be getting myself into. thanks for the info, its what i needed.

yeah it takes quite a few steps and parts, my advice is read alot about turbos and how to handle them. learn as much as you can about them...and if you think the spending is done after the kit is all good and running, you are wrong :)

oh and if you dive into the boost project keep us updated w/ pics and whatnot :) goodluck!

Back