Whacky After Visit To Car Wash

Well instead of risking scratches when the car is muddy I do a prewash at home as I said above. To be clear there are no automatric car washes here or do it yourself ones. They're all manned by guys who are obviously poor guys from the barrios. If they scratch your car in the process there is no recourse. You just have a scratched paint job so I try to make it easy for them by removing the heavy stuff myself.

Well instead of risking scratches when the car is muddy I do a prewash at home as I said above. To be clear there are no automatric car washes here or do it yourself ones. They're all manned by guys who are obviously poor guys from the barrios. If they scratch your car in the process there is no recourse. You just have a scratched paint job so I try to make it easy for them by removing the heavy stuff myself.
If you're going to do a prewash anyway and there's a concern about the employees at the car wash, why not just do the entire job yourself?

IMO, if your car is muddy, they should be the ones doing the prewash. I know things may be different for everyone in different cities/states/countries, but at my local carwashes, if the car is excessively dirty, they just charge you a little extra, and the wash guys do a prewash/rinse to get the mud loose.

I would probably be doing the same thing as you if I lived there. Do they at least have a sign that warns against coming to the wash with a muddy car due to possible scratching?

Back