water damage on interior door - 2016.5

Laurel

:
2016.5 CX-5 Touring
My WONDERFUL thirteen-year-old kid rolled down the window and forgot to roll it back up when we went out to dinner last night and there was a torrential rainstorm. The rear passenger window was down and water got in and soaked the seat and the fabric on the door sustained a bad stain.

Overnight, we mopped up water with towels (thank goodness I got the all-weather mats, which kept some water from getting into the floor), and the seat looks to be okay, but the fabric on the door has a pretty bad water stain. I'm linking a picture. Today, I have a thing of DampRid in there to hopefully dry out the last of it, but what would you suggest for cleaning the clear water line staining the fabric? The car is the Crystal Blue Mica, so the white interior, which is pretty but stains. Oh, the stains! Help me out? Product recs? I'm thinking a foam cleaner and re-wetting the area and then drying it completely with a hair dryer.

Here's the pic.

Thanks in advance. And no. Killing the kid isn't an option. :)

Kill the kid. (silly)

Can't see the link. Just upload to imgur and post the pic...

Anyway guessing you can just shampoo it, or else going along the lines you were saying.

Pretty sure no one would suggest killing the child. Accidents happen. 😋

Pic not working for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not sure why google images won't work....I can see it. :)

here's the imgur link:

http://imgur.com/FYi3L62

I think it will mostly dry out except the line. I assume water got down inside the door. I'm unsure if scrubbing/shampooing that fabric on the door panel will remove the visible water damage line or not.

Yikes! Worse than I had pictured.

May be worth visiting a detailer to gather their opinion / price at a professional attempt to revive it and what the likelyhood of it working is.

Try a professional detailer, a wet shampoo that vacuums the water back out may help.

Maybe try the manual attachment of a rug shampooer, otherwise looks like a pro might be needed.

I would leave that a day or so. Leather shoes take on a different colour when wet but they recover. Don't force dry it, just leave it.

Back