US Mazda3 packaging (not official)

wongpres

:
Ti. Grey Mazda3 GT GFX
OK, this particular US dealer (http://www.msmazda.com) has listed their initial Mazda3 inventory and here's my analysis from it:

Sedan:

Colours:
- Sage Green is available for the US but not Canada
- American Shimmering Sand Metallic equals Canada's Sand Mica
- American S. Blue equals Canada's Winning Blue

Mazda3i:
- AC is standard
- one option package includes power windows, mirrors, and locks (and probably keyless)
- moonroof and 6-CD are grouped together and requires the above package
- HID, ABS/side airbags, leather and sport package are unavailable. If this turns out to be the case, I know people will be screaming about the ABS/side airbags

Mazda3s (all Mazda3i plus):
- power windows, mirrors, and locks are all standard
- moonroof and 6-CD are grouped together (6CD is not a factory option for Canada)
- sport package (skirts, 17", and sport grille) is stand-alone
- leather requires sport package
- HID requires moonroof/6-CD and sport package
- ABS/side airbags requires moonroof/6-CD

I'm pretty sure the i has the 2.0l and the s has the 2.3l. And I'm guessing that 16" alloys are standard for the Mazda3s

Hatch:

- only one trim
- base includes power windows, mirrors, and locks
- moonroof and 6-CD changer are grouped together
- ABS/side airbags requires moonroof/6-CD
- leather requires moonroof/6-CD
- Xenon requires ABS and moonroof/6-CD.

This dealer did not order any with NAV.

The above information is NOT official, just my analysis from one US dealer's inventory.

Interesting. Does the hatch have the 2.3L? And when are we going to see some nice pictures of the sedan on the mazda websites?

Thanks wrongpres!

MarkSpark said:
Interesting. Does the hatch have the 2.3L? And when are we going to see some nice pictures of the sedan on the mazda websites?

Thanks wrongpres!

Yes, all hatches come with 2.3l and the sport package (skirts and sport grille, and 17")

All the hatchbacks have the 2.3L...only the top-of-the-line sedan has it...all others have the 2.0L version of the 2.3L.

Un-official US-spec Mazda3 MSRP

Someone emailed the dealer above and got this:

Mazda3s, 5-spd, sport package - MSRP US$17,415.

More US-spec info, from another US dealer. Everything below is subject to change:

4 door
MZ3i...$15050 (2.0)
MZ3s...$16925 (2.3l)
auto trans $900

options
A/C, pwr pkg w/16'' alloys, moonrood/cd pkg, abs w/ebd side bags and curtains, 15'' alloys

5 door
MZ3s...$17415
auto trans $900

options
moonroof/cd pkg
abs w/ebd,side srs and curtains
leather
xenon headlights/tire pressure monitor pkg
navigation

5 door colors....black, solar yellow, silver,strato blue,velocity red,winning blue,lava orange,titanium, white
sedan colors...black,solar yellow,silver,strato blue,velocity red,winning blue,white,nordic green,shimmering sand,lava orange,starlight green,merlot pearl,titanium

ABS will be standard in Canada, just like the current model. I'm also guessing there will be no Nav system for us.

I can't wait to see what that 2.3L is capable of under boost. I suspect that 250hp is easily attainable. And the 300hp mark will be easier to get at than the current FS-DE motor.

Ben, have you heard if its going to be the same tranny as the FS-DE?

sjdmp5 said:
ABS will be standard in Canada, just like the current model. I'm also guessing there will be no Nav system for us.

For the Canadian-spec Mazda3 sedan, ABS will be standard on the GT (high trim), optional on the GS (mid-trim), and not available on the GX (low trim).

ABS is standard for both the GS & GT trims for the Canadian Mazda3 Sport (hatch).

And yeah, no NAV and HID for Canada

Lava Orange!!!! Is this any thing like the orange mita's or is it more like the mazdaspeed spicy orange?

1st MP3 in NH said:
Ben, have you heard if its going to be the same tranny as the FS-DE?

I haven't really researched it that much. I do think it looks good though. I can't wait to see one. Maybe I'll get one after I graduate as a daily driver and play with it a little.:D

I swore one of our first resident leaks mentioned either engine will use the same tranny.

1st MP3 in NH said:
I swore one of our first resident leaks mentioned either engine will use the same tranny.
Is the 2.0L they are using the same FS-DE? I think the 2.3L is a whole new motor design.

They same person mentioned the FS-DE is scraped but the tranny will remain from it.

The 2.3L is definitly a new motor from everything I have read.

Back