Unexplained Beeping Noise?

Hello all, we are excited to be new owners of a 2010 Mazda CX-9, FWD, Touring, with Moonroof/Bose and Power-liftgate. One small problem, since we picked up the car earlier in the week, we have heard an unexplained random beeping noise while driving (it is a Touring and does not have Blind Spot Monitoring). It happens maybe once every thirty minutes or so, a series of beeps, and then nothing for awhile. I thought it might have been coming from the radio but it is not. We are bringing in for service and hope it is a quick fix. Anyone else heard of this issue with the CX-9 or other Mazda's? Do you know what it could be? Your input is appreciated. Otherwise, it is a great car and runs fantastic. Thanks!

Nope, we always wear our seatbelts and the powerlift is closed. Tire-pressure looks fine and no dash lights are illuminated. The beeping is really random, any other thoughts, anybody heard of this?

Beeping that sounds like it's come from in the radio/center console (very non-specific) could be the TPMS sensor. Mine went off randomly one day and I had never heard it before. However after looking at the dash, I did see the TPMS LED on the dash for a few seconds then disappeared.

Check the pressure in your tires. You might be right on the cusp of being too low in one tire. If they're all at the PSI recommended on the door placard, take it to the dealership. Might be a bad TPMS sensor.

Thanks all. No TPMS sensor or anything else is lit on the dash. We are bringing the car in for service in the morning and I will keep you posted.

Oh, cool old dude, thanks for your smart response. But, I don't think that your company vehicle was anywhere near me.

Oh, cool old dude, thanks for your smart response. But, I don't think that your company vehicle was anywhere near me.

Well played, sir!

As for your issue: I wonder if it's related to the fuel cap. Friend of mine has a Jeep Liberty (yeah, I know...) and he gets a random ding once in a while, especially when he takes a corner. Apparently related to the fuel cap, according to the Jeep dealer.

Could be related to the parking brake. The car will beep if the parkng brake dash light is lit and you start driving. Maybe there is an issue.

Hope this helps.

-zoomfive

Thanks everyone. Nothing is lit on the dash at all, the beep is very random. The car is at the dealer and the dealer cannot figure out what is wrong and is consulting the Mazda engineers. Any other suggestions?? Amazingly, we just bought the car last Monday! I will keep you posted . . .

Beeping

If they don't figure it out at your dealership, I would ask for a list of everything that can possibly beep. Use the list as you drive to eliminate each one in succession. Actually you may spot something immediately just reviewing the list. Anyway, good hunting -

Thanks all. No TPMS sensor or anything else is lit on the dash. We are bringing the car in for service in the morning and I will keep you posted.

LMFAO funniest comeback I've read in a while.

Excellent!!!

We had this same issue. The beeping was very random and pretty darn annoying. Our dealership's techs were also stumped, and took about 5 hours to admit defeat. We were considering trying to get them to take the car back, swap us for another CX-9, etc. We'd had the car less than a week at this point.

I eventually figured it out by trial and error. It is the dimmer switch for the main instrument panel. If it is adjusted to anything other than the highest setting we get the random beeping. Turned all the way up: no beeping.

EDIT: I should mention that the beeping we were hearing is the same beep that the dimmer makes when turned all the way up. And there is no corresponding indicator light for this beep, unless you count the bright instrument panel.

Last edited:
Back