Here a beep, there a beep…

:
2024 CX90 PHEV Premium Plus
Noticed this over the weekend. As many times as I’ve heard the parking sensors go off, I never realized that the beeping will come from the front speakers or rear speakers respectively with the front or rear warnings.

The hotel we were at had a very tight parking garage. You couldn’t swing into a space and had to do a 5 point back and forth maneuver. Pull forward towards the wall and the alert came from the front. Backed up too close to the parallel vehicles and the beep came from the rear speakers. Having the front and rear sensors going of in close succession made it obvious.

Just thought it was a neat bit of attention to detail. :)

I’d prefer a front camera to accompany the rear like my wife’s vehicle has, but front speakers/rear speakers that trigger your own spatial awareness are nice too

I don't find these sensors to be very reliable. When they are wet, they are not as sensitive. Sometimes they will only do the long beep when you are half an inch from hitting an object. The programming for the alerts is also pretty bad. If you are behind an object just at that point where it detects, it will beep and then shut off and start beeping again at random times. You either need to move closer or farther otherwise the sensors just get confused. Its nice thst it has sensors, but the programming was done by a 5 year old haha.

I like the beeps and haven’t had too many issues with them. My only real problem came when they got covered, either with ice or a random bug splat.

I think they’re better as a compliment to the front/rear cameras. I’m driving a cx5 with the 360 camera, and it’s way better than just the beeps alone. It’ll be an adjustment going back to only beeps and a rear view camera. 😆

Back