UK (Brits) New 2017 model thread, or fancy a second cuppa?

Did you try carrying on typing?

Wouldn’t let me, as soon as I selected the Letter W the R immediately showed beside it and Wrexham came on the screen. The next part of the code I would have liked to have entered was greyed out.

Can I ask if anyone can try a Worcester postcode and see what you get?

Alex.

Forget what I've posted, its only greyed out until you scroll right. (eek2)

Last edited:
Try specking a Volvo XC40 or Tiguan, near or over 40K to get the standard kit the cx-5 has.

A 4K plus discount will bring the CX5 price down to under 30K. All cars are now expensive partly due to the weak pound, I'm thinking to keep mine but with an extended warranty for at least another year, unless the 190ps is available.

I also don't like the first year road tax hike.

They screw us for choosing diesel but don’t offer a decent petrol alternative. They offer the AWD 2.5 auto 26 miles over the water.

I have to say that 2 months ago i was in that camp, but i "put up" with the new 2L petrol, and i have to say that it continues to suprise me. I swapped a 2016.5 to a 2017 model in Feb, after initially being hell bent on moving away from Mazda.

The Skoda Kodiaq and Karooq both looked more inviting initially, but ultimately on price vs features the 2017 CX-5 came in miles ahead. My brain won over my heart - and i put up with the 2l petrol again.

I was averaging 36 mpg in the 2016.5, but on the last two runs in the 2017 petrol i've averaged 42.5 mpg (UK) and i'm not light on the accelerator. I was only averaging 44mpg in my original diesel (2012) CX-5. That was with 2 other occupants and a boot full of bags.

Yeah a turbo would be better for some quick boost, which the 2L petrol still struggles with but i'll happily take what i've got.

My son has the 2L petrol Mazda 3, 120ps I think?.

Progress with three adults and 2 children is fine when I've been a passenger, and long term should prove reliable, its now over 3 years old with over 36K miles on it.
I tow so what I want is more power torque and weight.

They screw us for choosing diesel but don’t offer a decent petrol alternative. They offer the AWD 2.5 auto 26 miles over the water.

Agreed, I wanted petrol last time but as Anchorman says, only 2-litre and no Auto. Why?? We must the only country where they are dumping the 2-litre version.

To be fair in the past when Nissan sold a 2.5 NA petrol I wasn't remotely interested, and I wouldn't take up the offer of a 2.5NA CX-5 either.

Mid 20's mpg would be no use to me, unless it was the 2.5T version with 420nm. With my mileage I can afford a gas guzzler, but once the 190ps 450nm diesel is available I know which engine I would chose, the diesel.

Even the 2L X engine comes no where near a diesel for torque. 350nm from memory.

I don’t have an issue with the 2.0 l petrol but I want auto and AWD. It’s the lack of choice that irritates me. A choice of one isn’t a choice.

I too have just purchased a 2litre petrol, done 380 miles and averaged 40mpg over motorway and us urban roads.

I have moved over from a diesel Kia sportage and very impressed with ease of adjusting back a petrol again after 6 years of diesel cars. The engine is low in torque until you it get the revs above 3000 rpm but to be fair around town this isn't an issue and I have no plans to race boy racers in their Corsa's at the lights but did feel nice to be able to use more revs again instead of a diesel which requires frequent gear changes to keep in power band.

No different if you wanted a UK BMW X3, all diesel options.

I don’t have an issue with the 2.0 l petrol but I want auto and AWD. It’s the lack of choice that irritates me. A choice of one isn’t a choice.

And yet the US owners are returning no where near 40mpg, and son gets mid 30's with his lighter less powerful 2.L .
I could claim that I get 55mpg on a run, which I've returned a few times, but overall the average for me with my spirited driving in the hilly area I live is under 40mpg, nearer 35 at times.

My average read out lies to me and shows 2.5mpg more than a brim to brim check shows. While the US owners say theirs are nearer 1mpg in error, which again I find strange.

I too have just purchased a 2litre petrol, done 380 miles and averaged 40mpg over motorway and us urban roads.

I have moved over from a diesel Kia sportage and very impressed with ease of adjusting back a petrol again after 6 years of diesel cars. The engine is low in torque until you it get the revs above 3000 rpm but to be fair around town this isn't an issue and I have no plans to race boy racers in their Corsa's at the lights but did feel nice to be able to use more revs again instead of a diesel which requires frequent gear changes to keep in power band.

And yet the US owners are returning no where near 40mpg, and son gets mid 30's with his lighter less powerful 2.L .
I could claim that I get 55mpg on a run, which I've returned a few times, but overall the average for me with my spirited driving in the hilly area I live is under 40mpg, nearer 35 at times.

My average read out lies to me and shows 2.5mpg more than a brim to brim check shows. While the US owners say theirs are nearer 1mpg in error, which again I find strange.

Could it be because our gallon is bigger than a US gallon. Everything is pro rata’d down.

Also uk fuel has a higher octane level as standard (95) which I think helps with mpg.

I do agree it's odd how it can vary by country so much. I guess the range is the key way to tell, full to empty, I got 380 out of my first tank so will see how I get on this time. I assume fuel tank is standard no matter if uk or US? 56 litres I believe not what that is in us gallons?

Good call, so 56 litres equates to 14.79 us gallons or 12.31 uk gallons.

I'll check back in a month which is normally how often I fill up. Most miles will now be round town so expecting about 30mpg average this tank.

Also wanted to say I love the fuel monitor app, like that it shows previous averaged mpg against current (since reset), really appeals to the analyst in me

Back