Uh-oh, I really did it this time

SlowPro98

Contributor
:
02P5, 98ES,95miata
Hey Guys,
I'm going to be a father! We are excited, as this will be our first child!
...HOLLY CRAP, MY FIRST CHILD! Time to cut expenses!
Looks like my days of romantic vacation cruises are over. This was going to be my best summer with my miata, I was going to get her repainted (have friends at a body shop), the carbon fiber hood buffed and re-cleared, and install a Bosal 4-2-1 +magnaflow resonator+ magnaflow muffler. But I can't put a a baby seat in her, so I'm going to go back to stock, and post her up for sale soon. :'(
If anyone knows someone who is looking please send them my way. I've got a bunch of OEM and aftermarket parts, I would love to sell locally to someone who will love her as much as I do.

Congrats B!

And I'm sure you will have no problem finding a nice home for the car or the parts.

x2 on a Mazda5 or even better find a nice Mazda6 wagon.

Congrats! Does your wife have a car? Maybe keep the Miata as a toy / track car and get another car?

congrats B....you a dad, wow! no, jk...best to you!! i vote KEEP the miata!

Last edited:
That's awesome B! I'm happy to hear for you! I agree that you should look for the future with the family, but don't give in too much. If you get rid of the Miata, do so and try to stay within the Mazda family if possible. If not, you'll always be part of NEPOC.

Thanks guys, trust, I don't want to sell her, but things have been very tight at the dealership, and I don't want to have to sell her during the winter.

as for the parts, yeah, it's 1.8, so the header won't fit, but the resonator and muffler are universal. I had them on my wife's 98 protege ES (also a 1.8). NGK wires are for the 1.8 protege, so they are a little long for the miata, but have worked flawlessly.

Zach, if you're serious, we can talk. I was going to list it for $3k obo. From the day that I picker her up, I have been massaging her into something special. I'm the 3rd owner. First owner took great care, had it garaged, gave it to his son when he got a Z4. Son beat it up and let it sit outside for a year, a few dents and scratches in the paint. I Immediately flushed all the fluids. Full synthetic Catrol 10w-30. Radiator has been flushed yearly. Synthetic rear diff fluid. GM Sycromesh full synthetic for the transmission. Ceremic low dust pads. Cone filters on the MAF. new Valve cover gasket. NGK plugs + wires, Complete 2nd get suspension swap for increase travel and better geometry. 2nd Gen sway bar not yet installed. Brand new OEM clutch just waiting to go in, but I'm still beating on the old one. Upgraded the headlights so it now accepts the H4 bulbs, also has the LED Halo rings, just never got around to running the wires. DIY Seat covers made by my wife (OEM driver seat is ruff!). Snow tires on the stock steelies, ran it in the snow for 2 seasons, and I work at a dealership, so the car was washed every day when the temp was above 33 degrees, also have 14" OEM 5 spokes off of a 99 miata, and recently aquired a DOPE set of XXR 002 195/50/r15 +0 with deep dish. protege 5 shift knob. Carbon fiber hood that is sun faded but not cracked. Pioneer deck (cd, am/fm/mp3 front aux) and power bass component subs, high mounted tweeters. windows tinted, New battery. Previous owner did the timing belt at around 80k. Currently has 116xxx. Sean has dibs on the roll bar. I have been slowly removing the interior and tracking down a leak in the rain rails, I still have the truck carpet. was going to replace top and put new rain rail, just ran out of money. I have 2 sets of rear deck metal sheeting, 1 uncut OEM, and the other with holes cut because I was going to flush mount some subs. truck has some Edead v1 in it, but leaking top may have. I also have a set of Tokico blue struts and Racing Beat Springs. I tried to assemble with NB tophats, needed the fatcat bushings, but went full 2nd gen instead. The car can be slammed down with negative camber and roll the fenders for the phat drifter stance, but my back likes the smoothness of the full 2nd get set up. I have gorrilla lugs that I picked up from a NEPOC member awhile back... that's all I can think of right now.

I love my car. A bad day at work is easily forgotten as I rip through the forrests of tolland on the way home. My wife and I have logged many miles twisting through the mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire. Been to Limerock a few times. Sean and I used to tear up Devil's Hopyard back when I actually had free time. She has never let me down, even in 10" of snow, The car is actually a lot more fun to drive in the snow. God, as I'm typing this, I'm thinking back to all our fun trips, cool places shes taken us. I always have a really good tan.

Also anyone with a p5, I have a rear cargo cover and a fitted mazda cargo liner (picked it up from lee) that I'd be willing to make deals on. Pics available as soon as it stops raining.

I don't get on here as much as I would like, so if anyone needs to get ahold of me, hit me up at mrwje4@yahoo.com.

Attachments

• Mountain vt.bmp
    801.7 KB · Views: 68
  • work done at scranton 2.bmp
    801.7 KB · Views: 64
  • car show.jpg
    car show.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 96
  • cleaning at work.jpg
    cleaning at work.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 88
  • miatabanner.jpg
    miatabanner.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 85
moar...
oh and any service that I couldn't do myself in the driveway was completed at www.scrantonmotors.com

Attachments

• forrest ride.jpg
    forrest ride.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 16s at night.jpg
    16s at night.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 14 inch oem rims.jpg
    14 inch oem rims.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 84
  • cf hood.jpg
    cf hood.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 84
my favorite pic...

I feel like I'm giving away my 2nd wife :'(

Attachments

• riding the line.jpg
    riding the line.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 223
congrats! My wife is 20 weeks with our first, and it's amazing...and terrifying at the same time! Wait till you start getting ultrasounds...it will blow your mind. It's the best!

Back