Tyre Rotation

:
2017 CX-5 2.2D Nav Eternal Blue Mica
Has anyone managed to over-ride the triangle warning where Tyre Rotation is supposedly due after 6,000 miles?

Personally after over 40 years of car ownership I have never felt the need to do this as it then means have to replace four at once.

So I chose at first to ignore it, but the warning symbol is annoying.

So I could spend an hour swapping the wheels around (a chore I prefer not do do) If I do so though, how does the set-up realise I have in fact carried this task out?

Or is it as I suspect, this needs resetting by the dealers? I hope not as the car was only in last week having a premature oil change, and was very close to the 6,000 miles, and they could have at least advised me.

If anyone has managed to do this for themselves, I would be grateful of any tips on resetting the warning symbol.

Alex

I thought you could simply disable it in the onboard computer?

I thought you could simply disable it in the onboard computer?

Could be hidden somewhere in settings, but cannot find it. Users manual is poor, one section tells me I must perform this rotation, and leads me to another section of how to reset by holding the button on the dash, but even though the display tells me the system is active, tyre rotation warning message refuses to go away.

Keep the suggestions coming though, as someone else will need this information for certain.

Alex

On mine, Settings, press Info, down 4 options to maintenance, then 1st option is tyre rotation which can be set to "distance" or "off". I set this to off as I change to summer tyres shortly so never need to rotate.

Fantastic. It was elementary to be honest. I forgot there were some options in settings.

You have jogged my memory, need to re-visit your beautiful country. Last time was 2004, Simplon Pass, Zermatt and a couple of train trips.

All I need now is a fix for the Live Services on TomTom.

Alex

Good to hear. When I picked up my car, I had an hour of the dealer going through every screen, option, button, laser beam etc, I just wanted to drive, but thats the Swiss way. Im from Scotland but have been here 13 years, you should plan a visit for sure, a great place in the summer, but you cant drive in Zermatt, cars are banned, you need to park in the dedicated car park and get the train up the valley, the fire engines etc are like wee trumpen town electric automobiles, you probably remember that from your last visit. The exchange rate isnt great for visitors :(

I cant help with Live Services, I didnt activate it, seemed a bit of hassle at the time.

Back