Two roadtrips planned for 2011! Anyone want to join?

isbre

Contributor
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg
Hi

Aside from hitting a snag this weekend when someone decided to break into my house and steal both my still camera and my HD Handycam I'm planning no less than two trips "across the pond" this year. (Just got to replace my careas first)

First I'm off in March when I'll arrive in New York friday March 4th and will try to attend a Mazda meet if I'll make it, can't proise anything though. Then I'll travel up to Niagara Falls with Speed3.5 in his MSP and maybe also Boston if we can find the time the first weekend before I'll fly over to Las Vegas. I plan to stay put in las Vegas for three days and then start a little roadtrip from Las Vegas, more info in post 41 here.

Afterward I'll drive off to Los Angeles of only to fly directly from there to Milwaukee to figure out just how big Michigan Lake really is and probably take a detour to get North Dakota added to my visited states list. Original plans was to fly to Chicago but since I won't find the time to stay in Chicago this time I opted to skip the Rental car terminal fee.

[Map to be Added soon]

After that I'll fly to New York again and have a 2 days roadtrip to "I haven't decided yet" before spending two days in New York where I plan to visit the Statue of Liberty Crown and probably check out the nightlife this time.

Hints are appreciated and please let me know if you want to join in on some or maybe the complete trip!

Members to meet: (will be updated)
Speed 3.5

In the summer, I plan to spend at least 7 weeks travelling starting in July if I get someone to join me. Unfortunately this is sort of a demand here. What I plan to do is to first take the transiberian railroad and end up in Beijing where I plan to spend a couple of days and visit some of the famous Chineese Wall. Then I want to fly over to Chicago and drive the all so famous Route 66 before driving a souther route all the way down to Miami where I want to go on a one week Carabeean cruise.

Please feel free to join in this one!

Last edited:
Statue of Liberty Crown ticket @ 2p.m. Friday March 25th is ordered for me and Speed 3.5.
If anyone want to join just order tickets, but do it soon because I don't think there are many left.

I'll stay in New York between the afternoon 24th until I leave on the afternoon the 26th, if anyone wants to meet up and/or have some nice places to go that aren't on a normalt torusit map please let me know.

Hi

I was there in March and cruised some 50 miles of the Route 66 before going around Michigan Lake. For the rest of the year there are some bad news, I don't get as much vaccation time as I would like and a southwest trip in October takes priority. I will try again next year and will definitely let you know then.

Back