Mazda3 2.5T Turbocharged AWD Mazda3 for 2021 model year

First "review" is out of Mexico. The car does 0-100 in 9.0 seconds, LOL. Grantly it is 2200m above sea level, but this is really bad, especially when you compare it with a NA engine, which does it almost in the same range.

Waiting for more appropriate reviews anyway because this sounds weird low, just because its lighter than a CX-9 and it does 2 seconds more than one.

First "review" is out of Mexico. The car does 0-100 in 9.0 seconds, LOL. Grantly it is 2200m above sea level, but this is really bad, especially when you compare it with a NA engine, which does it almost in the same range.

Waiting for more appropriate reviews anyway because this sounds weird low, just because its lighter than a CX-9 and it does 2 seconds more than one.
Thanks for the heads up, yeah I’m also looking forward to more reviews, hopefully we’ll see more positive results as well!

Another one, more interesting, still at altitude, would think in Utah. As usual no 0-60 times since they are in the break in period, but its snappy and I like the sound inside, even though it is pumped in.

On a side note, anybody else notice that they updated the 2.0 Sky-X engine. Now it is up to 187 and 177 lb/ft torque. So much closer to the 2.5 but with better gas mileage.

The 2.0 is still listed as producing 155hp/150 lb-ft on Mazda's website.

Edit: whoops, that's the G version on Mazda's site. We don't get the x here.

Last edited:
On a side note, anybody else notice that they updated the 2.0 Sky-X engine. Now it is up to 187 and 177 lb/ft torque. So much closer to the 2.5 but with better gas mileage.

Yeah I saw that as well, even though not a lot of news out there related to this.

Another one, more interesting, still at altitude, would think in Utah. As usual no 0-60 times since they are in the break in period, but its snappy and I like the sound inside, even though it is pumped in.

Nice review! (y) The Mazda3 has really come a long way and this new Turbo 3 is no exception. All the sounds as well as the interior definitely seem premium. Engine sound and acceleration appear to be quite good. Once again, looking forward to more reviews and thanks for the share!

I am waiting for my M3 Polymetal delivery. I traded me BMW X1 2016 for my M3.

When do you take delivery? I'd be interested to get your real-world feedback on the switch to a torsion beam rear suspension.

When do you take delivery? I'd be interested to get your real-world feedback on the switch to a torsion beam rear suspension.
I don't have a definite date but was assured it will arrive before end of November. Colonial Mazda in Connecticut already had deliveries of their M3 Turbo. I was able to have a pretty long test drive with their demo unit on uphill, downhill, twisties and interstate. With the pandemic you get to test the car by yourself and pretty much drive it like you stole it. Pretty nice handling. The true test is to drive it in Jersey where the roads are pretty bad.

I don't have a definite date but was assured it will arrive before end of November. Colonial Mazda in Connecticut already had deliveries of their M3 Turbo. I was able to have a pretty long test drive with their demo unit on uphill, downhill, twisties and interstate. With the pandemic you get to test the car by yourself and pretty much drive it like you stole it. Pretty nice handling. The true test is to drive it in Jersey where the roads are pretty bad.
I would also be very interested in your feedback plus pics! 📸 You can create a new thread if you like...Looking forward to it! (y)

...and a good old drag race :)

Oof, the CVT on the WRX :(

Nice to see a non-Speed 3 hold its own! I wonder if all 3 cars were on snow tires? The 3 was on Michelin Xice tires for the drag race and the road course afterwards.

Back