Turbo Help

sweetlou69

:
2003.5 MSP
so a couple questions here......

PIC 1. Right by where the oil filter sits which line is what around that ring? in regards to the oil line and coolant line?

PIC 2.The piece in the Heat wrap attached to the turbo. which way does it bolt on and what does this hook upto??

PIC3. That little piece cirlced "void if removed" This is a 2002 protege engine. what is that plugged hole and do i need to use that hole at all to run my oil lines??

ANY help would be great! thanks!!

Attachments

• m1.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 723
  • m2.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 681
  • m3.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 695
pic 1- they are both coolant lines, one going in and one coming out to keep the flow going. the oil line for the feed on the turbo is tapped where the oil sending unit is.

pic 2- that if the oil drain line. on MSP blocks only there is a spot where it will bolt up to, right between the block and the oil pan.

pic 3- nothing is used there.

I'm not an MSP guy but I am an Evo Tech and maybe that is just me but how is the car grabbing coolant out of the oil filter adapter?? looks like the coolant line is running above off the screen with the black nipple.

PIC3. That little piece cirlced "void if removed" This is a 2002 protege engine. what is that plugged hole and do i need to use that hole at all to run my oil lines??

That looks like a heat emblem they put on used motors and some rebuilts ... if it changes color, it voids your warranty.

first off...thanks for that info..

regarding pic #1, does it matter which oil lines are connected from the adapter on the oil filter. Meaning, does the nintey angle go to the nintey angle steel line near the alternator? I am not too familiar with turbos. Also, is the oil sending unit the the one closet to the oil adapter with the green and red wire? If the ninety degeee adapter does go to the ninety on the back of the block, does it matter how long the line is because right now it would only be about three to four inches. I can loosen the adapter and turn it to give it more distance.

On pic#2, can I just block off the plate on the turbo unit instead of drilling the oil pan and is there any concern about the shavings going into the pan if I have to drill it. Last question, I have the aluminun plate for the turbo that comes stock that I wanted to bolt on. This plate bolts to the bottom of the engine that the oil pan bolts to and was wondering if I can be unbolt the one on the non turbo engine without having to pull back the transmission. The original one comes with the oil feeder line with the heat wrap but there is a couple of holes in the back the go into the tranny part and my fear is that the bolt somewhere inside the tranny. I have already unbolted it once but realized when I looked at the turbo plate that it actually extends into the tranny. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back