Turbo doesnt spool anymore/lack of power

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5
So a couple weeks ago i hit a bump in a bad pothole filled parking lot.
only damage i see it has created is an exhaust leak.
slowly over time the turbo stopped spooling, and my bov got quiet.
i checked everything and everything seems fine, even with the exhaust leak it shudnt have affected the turbo right?
now wen my car is heat soaked and im driving around 50+ it has a hard time accelerating even if i downshift it doesnt really accelerate at all.
turbo shaft has very little play, all my vacuum lines are good and no leaks that i've found.
i'll be replacing the wga pretty soon with the forge one but i already know thats not going to fix the problem since i already swapped out the old one with an extra i had on the side.
car has no leaks what-so-ever.
any ideas of what i should look at or check?..any help would be much appreciated.

I'd say that your issue is completely unrelated to the "pothole filled parking lot", but as tweety said, a common problem on the vehicle is a failed wastegate. By failed, I mean that the wastegate is binding in the housing causing it to be stuck open which will cause you not to build boost.

Thanks alot..will find out wen i get my new one in a couple days..the forge one shud be good since u can dissassemble the whole thing and clean it out...and it was half the price of the oem one :eek:P

nvm i guess, heard chunks of the exhaust side turbine blow out through my exhaust, so now im screwed.

Back