Turbo Badge and Mazda emblem. black or silver?

SoniCraze

:
2003.5 MSP
I just picked up the VW turbo emblem and was about to slap it on in place of the protege badge. When i started thinking. What if i sanded it down, and painted it flat black, how would it look? I would do that and the mazda emblem.

I really cant decide, any advice?

SoniCraze said:
I just picked up the VW turbo emblem and was about to slap it on in place of the protege badge. When i started thinking. What if i sanded it down, and painted it flat black, how would it look? I would do that and the mazda emblem.

what about something like this (the bottom one)?

msmlogo.JPG

ya i do plan on replaceing the stock mazdaspeed emblem with that exact one. But for now i just want to replace the Protege one with the Turbo one.

Just cant decide, polished or black.

I wanted to go with more black accents, calipers, hood, etc. So maybe that would be a better way to go, i just dont know how it would look on yellow back there.

If your going to change the Mazdaspeed emblem to the one above I suggest you paint it black. If your going to keep it for awhile then leave it silver. By the way where did you get the badge? I want to do the same badge and im unsure which one fits. I heard ttstuff.com but the dimensions seem off they say its like 2" by .35 which is way to small. I think its the one off the beetle but how many are there??

captainkrmp5... u have ne 323 badges or familia badges for sale, i really want 323 badge as a direct replacement pop in for the msp's protege badge.

SoniCraze said:

Me and msp#735 put on ours yesterday. We left it like it was... looks good.

skilletrx said:
captainkrmp5... u have ne 323 badges or familia badges for sale, i really want 323 badge as a direct replacement pop in for the msp's protege badge.
i might be able to get these, i don't know yet. let me get back to you.

skilletrx said:

You can get the 323 badge from your dealer for like 8 bucks.......BJIV 51 720A

ICEMAN.2 said:
where i can buy the mazdaspeed one ???

I think Ken Just said he sells the set(and the set only at this point) for 32 bucks. Check Protegegarage.com. Mazda dealers are back ordered s thats about your only option at this point.

How does it attach? And can i get it in Red?

It's adhesive. And yes you can get it in red. Buy it, sand it, prime it, paint it. Taadaa! Red!

I second ONRAILS! post...looks greeeat! very pleased...we even left it as is.....i think it looks better on Blazing Yellow though...lol hahahahah

MSP#735/ZM BY U

ICEMAN.2 said:
Anyone knows if the mazdaspeed badge will cover the stock badge holes in the trunk ???

It's a matter of alignment, I am sure some way, some how it would, just a matter of finding which two letters cover the holes best. I don't think anybody has these emblems on yet but give it a week or two. Someone will have them.

see mine in my sig? I just re- sanded it and painted all my emblems a slightly shinier aluminum. Looks good. I just got a new grille and am thinking about ditching hte turbo emblem if anyone might be interested in buying it from me let me know.

acidbbg said:
How does it attach? And can i get it in Red?

Chas

Chas
it comes only in polished from Mazda. you'd have to paint it, but i dont think that'd be a problem. it attaches with 3M style adhesive tape. Peel the cover off the back of the emblem and stick on. easy as that.

Latest posts

Back