TSB for seats

keymaster

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
Hi folks,

For those of you who have said something about your seat rocking, Mazda has a TSB out (from here):

MAZDA Shaky seats may be rattling Mazda owners. In T.S.B. 0906109 issued on Oct. 23, Mazda said the trouble might occur during braking in these vehicles: 2003-10 Mazda 6; 2004-10 Mazda 3 and RX-8; 2006-10 Mazda 5; and 2007-10 CX-7 and CX-9. Installing three springs on the back of the seat cushion pan and frame should stop the rocking.

Nice this post would come up now cause my drivers seat has always had a little play in it, but lately its been alot worse. I can feel it during acceleration from a stop and sometimes between shifts. I had already planned on mentioning it to the dealer when I take it in for the next oil change. Hope this applies to the MS6 as well, but either way, warranty should cover it cause my seats a rockin (and its not from my girl!)

this is how i fixed that problem..(rockon)

Attachments

• CIMG0354.JPG
    CIMG0354.JPG
    576.8 KB · Views: 426
yep!! my ass is pinned in now!! it really helps alot with hard driving and turns.. i can push the car much harder now.. this is must have for ms6 guys.. and the seats werent that expensive really..(squinty)

mark...what had to be done to get those to fit??

actually not much at all.. the seats were $550 used from a local evo forum im on.. i got brackets at Wedge Engineering in long beach ca.. you get 2 choices height adjustable or not.. the height adjustable part raises the overall height a little.. but, well worth it if youre not sure about the fit?? it costs an extra $30 each?? i think the brackets total were $260?? and maybe $200 if you dont want adjustability.. theyre online etc.. and have the patterns for all makes & models of cars.. theyre custom welded so very solid.. these guys do race cars etc..

the only extra part so far is i needed an extra buckle from the dealer... as the stock ones are assymetrical and the recaros are even.. so i needed an extra passenger buckle $25?

and the passenger seat belt attachment has to be moved under one of the footpedals and bolted in.. for some reason its part of the seat on the passenger side?? and attached to the panel on the drivers side.. if im remembering right??

ill be posting when the whole job is done.. im getting the Takata harnesses and looking into the harness bar and helmet soon... im hitting willow for a while when this is all done!!

and yes its worth it!! this is one of the main differences between evos and the ms6.. just being held in better makes a huge difference on hard turns etc.. its way worth the $$$

Last edited:
Back