TRZ "Dog Bone" Motor Mount

OK I finally got a bolt to match the wrong thread on the first gen TRZ mount. Never did get it in the mail from Protogegarage or TRZ. I had to go to a industrial hardware place in town "Fastenal" and special order it. Its supposed to be zinc plated, I hope it doesn't rust and that its the right grade.

Anyway I believe I've got the polyeurethane bushing (its black, I assume the Delrin is white). I definitely noticed increased vibration in the low frequency range. I feel it under acceleration and engine deceleration. I think its not so annoying though that it won't be a few days and I'll be totally used to it.

Now for the good. I was hoping it would improve the jerking which comes from not making a smooth shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. My opinion is that it has improved a lot, the jerking is not completely gone but definitely much less noticable.

I'll have to give it a few more days to see if the added vibration ends up being more annoying than the shift jerking.

Oh and protegegarage promised to reimburse me for the cost of the bolt. I'm sure they will, but I'll let you know if they don't.

Oh and protegegarage promised to reimburse me for the cost of the bolt. I'm sure they will, but I'll let you know if they don't.

if you have a paypal account, let me know what the address and total is and i'll send money right away.

I just placed my order for the TRZ mount with the Delrin bushing from Protege Garage. I'm psyched to get it for the install. My CPE intake should be here Friday!!

I know the quality will be top notch as it's from TRZ. Thanks TRU Boost for the help!!!

By the way I picked up my 08 Black Speed3 Monday night. I guess the mod bug hits fast :D

JP

Back