Tricky question

zhy

:
I aint even mad!
Hey guys.
Ive been going through my piece maps and couldnt find the mazda code for this item
its the little metal clip that attaches the cabin temperature control cable to the frame, under the glovebox

i... snapped this piece and its stuck to FULL cold, and i kinda need it for winter hahaha

thanks forward.

So does this mean you're keeping the P5? :D

I looked through the parts manual and couldn't find it either. I'd say your best bet would be to go to a Mazda dealer and chat with the parts guy. Even if they can't get you the exact part you need, they might be able to find you something that'll do the job. Albi and Mazda de Laval have been pretty good to me in the past for that kind of stuff.

If that doesn't work out, just go to Kenny U-Pull (eastern Laval, by the new A25 bridge) and pull one, they probably won't even charge you for it.

I doubt it's universal. Email Jason at onlinemazdaparts...he has gotten me a part not in the parts manuals many times!

So does this mean you're keeping the P5? :D

I looked through the parts manual and couldn't find it either. I'd say your best bet would be to go to a Mazda dealer and chat with the parts guy. Even if they can't get you the exact part you need, they might be able to find you something that'll do the job. Albi and Mazda de Laval have been pretty good to me in the past for that kind of stuff.

If that doesn't work out, just go to Kenny U-Pull (eastern Laval, by the new A25 bridge) and pull one, they probably won't even charge you for it.

Yeah im gonna have to double-check my owners manual piece maps, and then ill give jason a message, he's been helpful to me last times.
and um im keeping the p5 until this winter hahah thx tho dude

Here is the clip in question
ADzRV.png

Last edited:
in the meant time can't you just push the plastic piece in to position to turn the heat on?

that happend to me in my first protege... i ended up putting a hose clamp on the line. i then put a small hole in the tab and used a bolt and a small washer to hold everything together.
i still talk to the new owner and he says it still works perfectly (i should have taken pictures)

that happend to me in my first protege... i ended up putting a hose clamp on the line. i then put a small hole in the tab and used a bolt and a small washer to hold everything together.
i still talk to the new owner and he says it still works perfectly (i should have taken pictures)

Yeah I guess im gonna have to DIY my way through if Jason over onlinemazdaparts cant help me!
can you develop how you did this?

How I described it is the best I could do. Just use what you have to make it work or pull one off a scrap car.

How I described it is the best I could do. Just use what you have to make it work or pull one off a scrap car.

If I was in your situation I'd have done the same thing, but we have that awesome scrapyard at our disposal (it's packed with Proteges and P5s!).

Chad, you have no excuse :p

Back