Tribute P402 Help

Frenoloco

Hi, Hello to every body.

I hope this is the correct place to post this thread. Sorry if not, never done this before.

I am trying to get some info on how to fix a 402 code on the Mazda Tribute 2001 with 80 k plus, automatic, A/C, P/S, 6 cyl. It all started one fatal day when the Check Engine turned on. This car had worked perfectly until about 3 or 4 months ago. Regular oil change, air filter etc. Its had pretty good maint. So I put a scanner on it and it came up with a 1401 that was the DPFE and a P0352 bad primary coil; bought the parts installed and every thing OK. But after a week or so started a very rough idle when cold and turned on the Check Engine and code 402 came up.
So I started to change parts in some sort of order and up to the moment I have changed the DPFE, the air solenoid, the EGR valve, took out the throthle body and checked for cracks cloged air pases, broken, leaking or cloged air hoses (suction, gas hoses too) Checked the air pasages of the pipe that goes from the exhaust to the EGR valve (passed a wire thru the passages). Every thing is good, tite and in its place. Exept for a hose of about id. that goes from the throthle body to a metal box that is on top of the block under the admission manifold. This hose collapses when the car is turned on no mater if its cold or hot. So I blew air thru it toards the engine block; there is something like a valve wich closes and does not let any air in the block and then I suctioned thru the hose it did pass air freely from the block towards the throthle body. By the way the conection of this hose at the throthle body admits air freely in to it and if its unplugged the motor turns off, so the hose works like a PC valve but when its connected it collapses.
So no mater what I changed or checked I got very rough idle when cold only and a collapsed hose always.
Next step I got a 2 galon container full of gas to burn the d thing.
Sorry for so many details but I thought its was beter for you people to know the hole storry.
I appreciate your input very much. And I thank you all in advance.

Frenoloco

True...DPFE that are after market seem to have problems....I had two bad ones....used a Ford part and my error went away...but I also did the Sea Foam cleaning.....made the vehicle idle better and run better.

The 1/2 incch hose you speak of is the PCV hose.it goes from the large port (#3) on the intake to the metal box under the fuel rail.You need to replace this hose as it is how the engine breathes.Remove the PCV valve and replace it.I believe it needs a 1/4 or 1/2 turn to remove.

Back