Transmission Issues

L0w_N_sl0w

:
Mazda,Protege5
I have an 03 Protege5 manual transmission.

Recent work done:
-Motor rebuild
-All new mounts motor and Trans.
-Flywheel
-Clutch
-Drive axles
-New clutch fluid

Issue:
Experiancing harder then normal shifting. Scratches going into all gears when car has been sitting.
I was thinking about replacing the fluid again with redline or amsoil gear oil to see if the problem continues.

Even when the car is running but not moving the shifter seems stiff putting in gear. It even feels notchy in the neutral position.

I had zero issues with shifting prior to the work being done.

Please help thanks!

Check slave cylinder on side of tranny, had it replaced and it fixed my problem. How does the clutch feel, does it get pretty low before it does any work? Do you need the system bled again?

Check slave cylinder on side of tranny, had it replaced and it fixed my problem. How does the clutch feel, does it get pretty low before it does any work? Do you need the system bled again?

What was the problem that you were having?

mine seems to do something similar after new clutch and gear oil occasionally it seems hard to shift. i used Castrol/Syntrax Limited Slip gear oil SAE 75W-90 when i did it it meets all specifications put forth by our owners manual as it is correct weight and gl5 fluid so i have no clue, we did brake/clutch fluid at the time and inspected slave cylinder and it looked good. mine is only occaionally and clutch catches fairly high up i can shift with clutch pedal half way down if i choose (try not to) i think some of my issue maybe me being a novice stick shift user, as this is my 1st stick shift and i have only had it for just a year

Last edited:
I think I'll start with the basics and bleed the system. If that dosent work I'll inspect the slave cylinder. I've been told that lengthening the rod in the slave could resolve my issue. If that dosent work I'll replace the fluid with amsoil and the slave cylinder for precaution.

yeah i was thinking about your being constant and it seems like something is out of alignment. your starting point should be a great place to start, i think mine is me just being a novice

Back