Transfer-case SB-03-005/11

By the way, I still haven't had the leaking transmission replaced because of whatever issues Aamco is having. I guess it is not a huge issue because the transmission is performing as it should but still leaking,,,, which I absolutely hate,,,,, but have put up with. I finally called them and told him I did not like the steering issue and they needed to look at it because I thought it was dangerous. He about crapped his pants when he picked up the car and drove it back to the shop. He told me when the mechanic took it apart, the tie rod was rusty. When he put it back together he did not adjust the tierod because he could not get the bolts lose and because of whatever adjustment not being made just put it up as it came off. They soaked the bolts in something good that loosened them up and allowed them to adjust the steering. Now the steering is pretty tight but still not truly straight. So he is going to take it to another store that will do a 4 wheel alignment when done after they make sure everything is installed correctly when the new transmission comes in this week. At least now I can trust the car for my wife to drive. Jeeeesh, what a pain this has been, but hopefully it will be resolved by next weekend.

Back