Traded the wagon today

SlowPro98

Contributor
:
02P5, 98ES,95miata
Well, we traded in the wagon today. I loved that car, but ultimately it was for the best. She had over 117,xxx on the clock and I didn't want to do any more serious maintance.

So now we have a 2006 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD- in Jess' favorite color, RED. I'm not going to be doing much to this one since we have a full coverage warranty. Tints, fuzzy dice, and eventually, some Sportmax 002's in red.

and that means there will be more $$ for my roadster (drive)

Attachments

• Our Suzuki.JPG
    Our Suzuki.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 145
(sad2)

I'm not leaving connecticut ever again.. you get rid of mazdas when that happens :(

How's the car biz these days? I heard through the grapevines around here sales are way down.

Congrats to you and Jess....but sad to hear ya let the wagon go. :(

So are you going to join NESOC now?

I can't blame ya for going with something that has AWD. :)

yeah, the car biz is definetly slowing down. I have to work much harder, and be much more responsive now. The problem is that people want to buy cars, but if they haven't taken care of their other finances, mortgage, credit cards etc... then the banks don't want to lend. The people who have good credit and cash are staying home because the news reports are saying nobody is getting a loan, but that's not true.

I practically live at work now. As I type this, I'm also sending client emails and proposals in another screen. My next real day off will probably be Thanks Giving. (hand) What's scarier to me is that the Dunkin donuts up the street from the dealership has been sending everyone home except the manager every now and then. We're giving up cable tv before I give up my lunchtime coffee

This car was more for Jess than for me. She wanted something cute and smart, no harsh ride and no booming exhaust. We had looked at the honda fit, Mazda3, and the 09 Vibe. Turns out most were out of our range, neither of us wanted an Aveo. So then we saw the Aerio. It's light, awd, and has the same bolt pattern as the miata, so we can mix and match rims and tires... I see sportmaxx 002s in our future.
4704.JPG

I've got a fitted P5 cargo tray that I got from Lee and a sway bar from Brian (I think it was Brian, the guy with the mini cooper) If anyone wants em, I'll let them go for cheap, like 12 bottles of Sam Light, or Yeunglings hmmmm

(sad2)

I'm not leaving connecticut ever again.. you get rid of mazdas when that happens :(

don't worry, i'm not getting rid of the miata unless something major happens. Jess' old protege is next on the chopping block. I've got to see if that engine is worth saving, otherwise I'm going to cut the magnaflows off, rip out the rest of the speakers and drag the shell to a charity or scrap yard.

Hey speaking of scrap metals, we need to do a beer n' meat meet. maybe the end of the week?

Hey speaking of scrap metals, we need to do a beer n' meat meet. maybe the end of the week?

(yes)

I'm meeting up with a buddy from NJ this weekend for that exact thing. Keep me posted as to your schedule. We'll work something in :)

Amanda and I sat in the Aerio last year at the auto show. We felt it was smaller and more bland on the inside than the Mazda3 but with AWD and an amazing price it sounded like a great deal...but alas she wanted a Jeep.

Cool purchase, but I'll never get rid of my P5! :)

What's this other Protege and sway bar I hear about? lol

I like the new ride. Here what I ended up getting.

TylerProuty101408002.jpg

Now that October is done.... wanna ride?

Back